Power Window Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Window Motor

Hey all ... have any of you replaced your PW Motor with one off of E-Bay ... they're pretty cheap (makes me nervous), and I don't have the luxury of just rolling down to Autozone / Pepboys. So, the question is ... do I chance it with a $15. motor ... or order a $50. motor just to feel better. Thanks
    \'97 Firebird 3.8 ... 1/4 mile = 12.50 (minutes)

Re: Power Window Motor

I think the deal with the motors being so cheap is that they are a pain to install and remove the originals, you have to cut through fiberglass remove rivets and moutn everythign back correctly with different hardware if I remember correctly.

I've never replaced mine though, hopefully someone with actual experience can chime in.

Comment

my NEW motor was off ebay.. works okay so far
      its a little slower than the other but no complaints

places like autozone have lifetime warrantys
      2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by Crispy
        I think the deal with the motors being so cheap is that they are a pain to install and remove the originals, you have to cut through fiberglass remove rivets and moutn everythign back correctly with different hardware if I remember correctly.

I've never replaced mine though, hopefully someone with actual experience can chime in.
        took me 30 mins
        will take alot less next time i have to replace it
        might take a rookie an hour to install the first time
        pretty easy just time consuming
        2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Thats good to know, considering how well built these GM window motors are.

From the write up and saw, and from how people made it seem, it was pretty involved job.

Comment

yeah, you better get the warrenty from autozone cause you'll be using it....soon.
            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

my drivers one just went out today, replaced the passenger one a couple of months ago, i reccommend directauto.com because they are cheap and offer the lifetime warranty with the motor, and i'm sure i will be using it in the future

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
                yeah, you better get the warrenty from autozone cause you'll be using it....soon.
                His profile says hes from Italy, is Autozone a global company?

Comment

got mine from directauto.com also... have only had them a few weeks now, so I can't give you an indication of longevity. Install was kind of tricky, but wasn't too hard for a patient person. My 96's drivers' side had already been replaced by previous owner, I think, b/c it was held in with screws not rivets. Just take your time, and expect to retrieve a few dropped screws from the bottom of the door
                  Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
                  Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

Originally posted by Crispy
                    His profile says hes from Italy, is Autozone a global company?
                    Autozone is definately NOT global, then again, neither are Firebirds, you'd be surprised at the looks I get out here. EXCEPT for the one guy that called me 'knight rider' :eek: ... almost an international incident. :naughty: But the internet is a beautiful place so I'll just get it from there. Thanks for the replies, I guess in a week or so I'll be diving into this project ... sounds like a 12pk job to me. :banana:
                    \'97 Firebird 3.8 ... 1/4 mile = 12.50 (minutes)

Comment

Originally posted by ma4life
                      ... sounds like a 12pk job to me. :banana:
                      If it takes you a 12pk to finish a window motor either you are shotgunning beers or taking entirely too long to drill out the motor. It's really easy, but drilling through your door for the first time is a little nerve racking. Good luck!

Comment

I actually sent this guy a few buck because of his easy and comprehensive walkthrough: http://shbox.com/page/windowmotor.html

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X