remote starter on m5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remote starter on m5?

hey i was wondering how i would go about installing a remote starter on a manual 5 speed firebird.Im guessing ther'll be problems because of having to push in the clutch to start it.Is there a way to bypass this or something?My car is so loud!it would be so awesom to fire it up and scare little kids walkin behind it!lol oops....i mean...surprise.. people..or...err........

oh and this is bull **** they should just sell an adaptor kit [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
    3.4 firebird m5

clifford makes one for a manual transmission car, you have to do an exit procedure to allow it to work.

push button, exit car, (with motor running in neutral) car locks, and arms alarm, and car turns off. If alarm goes off, or car is unlocked remote start will not work.

That is the RIGHT way to do a M5/M6 install.

you can easily use a relay to bypass the clutch safety switch.... but do so at your own risk...

Ryan.
    1998 Ws6 Ta M6 #370 Bright Red<br />Custom \"NX\" style switch panels $35<br />Plug in fan switches $50 <br />SLP lid, Pro 5.0, Corsa, Custom Fan switch<br />....vortech waiting to be installed.

Comment

It is very easy to bypass the clutch safety switch but i dont reccomend it. Also, remote start on a manual is risky because with the clutch switch bypassed, you can start the car in gear.

If you really want to know how to do it, ill let you know. its not hard.

Comment

I bypassed the clutch switch back in 1998 when the switch broke and my car wouldn't start. I used a piece of 10ga wire with heavyduty connectors on both ends. Works great [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

-Marc
        sigpic

Comment

I bypassed mine with a paper clip once when my swtich crapped out on my 94.

YOu could also jsut tape it in [img]smile.gif[/img]

But many of many of peopel have messed up there car hitting the remote starter, you press the button once, it sneds a signal and the car keeps going till it starts, and will move the car a push it inot a wall or another car.

Not really a good idea unless you remember to leave it in neutral.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X