silicone dielectric grease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silicone dielectric grease

I went to NAPA today to get some dielectric grease and seafoam. When I went to pay my total was $40 [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img]
    When I got home and read the receipts and grease tube the grease cost 26 bucks and the back says it "Provides a high voltage seal of secondary ignition wires on Ford products" is this the wrong grease? 26 denero seems a bit high for a tube of grease.
    Any thoughts,
    Shane
    00 Pewter Y87 Camaro-SS Hood/Chrome rims, Black Halos, Clear corners, Pacesetters, V8 K&N FIPK, 3\" B&B TriFlow, HPP3, MSD Coils, Taylor wires, Transgo stage II, Edge 3000 Stall, 180* thermo, SLP Bowtie Grill<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/468763/1/\" target=\"_blank\">Carro</a>

was that like a caulking gun size tube? And 3 cans of Sea Foam, right?

edit: 3oz permatex dielectric grease @ advance auot on line is $1.69

[ December 12, 2003: Message edited by: 3.4 slow to go ]</p>
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

ha NOPE, its called "Echlin silicone Dielectric compound". This sh!t is going back tomorrow....FO SHO!
      Thanks Shane
      P.S. its also a 3oz tube and it was only one can of seafoam

[ December 12, 2003: Message edited by: snatch ]</p>
      00 Pewter Y87 Camaro-SS Hood/Chrome rims, Black Halos, Clear corners, Pacesetters, V8 K&N FIPK, 3\" B&B TriFlow, HPP3, MSD Coils, Taylor wires, Transgo stage II, Edge 3000 Stall, 180* thermo, SLP Bowtie Grill<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/468763/1/\" target=\"_blank\">Carro</a>

Comment

seafoam should be like $5.69. the grease should be like $3, if that much at all.

Comment

looked like they used diaelectrode grease on you instead of KY when they shafted ya at the cashiers desk.

Comment

the 8 oz dielectric grease i just bought was $6

you got OWNED by the cashier.

Ryan
            1998 Ws6 Ta M6 #370 Bright Red<br />Custom \"NX\" style switch panels $35<br />Plug in fan switches $50 <br />SLP lid, Pro 5.0, Corsa, Custom Fan switch<br />....vortech waiting to be installed.

Comment

yeah I took it back and bought some rtv gasket maker and 2 tubes of dielectric greas and still had 20 bones refunded to me :D
              Shane

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X