heater not working-suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heater not working-suggestions?

Of coruse at the onset of the coldest part of winter the heater doesnt blow hot air anymore. It blows slightly warm air, but not enough to heat the car at all. The fans are still working, just without heat.

Also i noticed my engine temp gauge was fluctuating up to about 230 or 240, then quickly goin back down to 210 in a few seconds. Then it would rise slowly and then do the same thing. Probably was doin this 3-4 times a minute. Is that possibly related? Any advice is appreciated thank you.

well, did you check your coolant level? No coolant = no heat in the car and possibly the temp fluctuations.
    1995 Firebird 3.4L<br /><a href=\"http://kansas.no-ip.com/\" target=\"_blank\">My Site</a>

Comment

yea i am gonna check that in a few actually. I havent noticed it leaking any anti freeze (which is green if im not mistaken) but it is leaking a real light brown fluid-almost looks like coffee but more rust colored. Also kinda stinks--i dont know the fluids well enoguh to figure what it is-breaks? tranny? steering? maybe coolant?

Comment

Fluctuations like that could mean you have air bubbles in your coolant system. I would bleed off the system real well and make sure your fluid is topped off and see if that fixes it.
        2000 GTP<br />Thrasher CAI, 3.4\" pulley, DHP PCM<br />Member RedLineVSix<br />Best ET-14.02<br />Best Trap-97.15

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X