Engine hiccups on heavy load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine hiccups on heavy load

I need some help guys. Like said above, two weeks ago my car started to hiccup under heavy load. If I'm at 70mph and I gun it the engine will hiccup. Even if I'm at 1500rpm and driving up a hill it will hiccup until the road flattens or I give it more gas but if I give it to much gas it will hickup.

I think it could be the following:
    Bad plugs.
    bad wires.
    bad coils.

I didn't think it would help but I have run through two tanks of Jet cleaner these past two weeks just incase. I repleaced the plugs, wires and fuel filter about 12k miles ago but they still might be the problem. I just hate to pull all the plugs for no reason. Those that have done it before know why. My SES light came on just two hours ago and I don't want to drive it until I get it fixed. I called every parts shop in town but they won't pull my code (SOB's). A guy that works for my Dad has a good friend who owns a Pontiac dealer. He has told me he could get me the new GTO at cost if I wanted it....I told him I would be calling him soon and to hold that thought :D . I'm going to give him a call on Monday to see if his buddy would scan it for me. I wanted to hear from you F-body guys first. Thanks a bunch.
    White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

ok, its a bad coil. I know its a misfire because the SES light flashed for 10 seconds before it went solid. There is no arch from the wires when I watch it at night. Plus it only happens when its hot. All signs point to a bad coil/s. Thanks anyway

[ December 07, 2003: Message edited by: bu-bye ]</p>
    White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X