What is this plastic film on my rear window? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is this plastic film on my rear window?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this plastic film on my rear window?

I was washing my car today and when I was cleaning the inside of the hatch window, this clear plastic film started peeling up. It's like clear tint almost. I ripped a little off to get rid of the slack but it left an adhiesive type stuff so it clouds up the view.

I didn't want to remove all of it in fear of messing the window up... does anyone know what this is and what I should to to remove it?

[ December 07, 2003: Message edited by: eDoog ]</p>
    \'96 M5 Camaro White<br />Flowmaster Full Catback<br />SLP CAI<br />180* Thermo<br /><br />Stereo: H/U - Clarion DXZ725 <br />Alipne Type-R 6.5 Components (front), <br />Alpine Alpine SPS-1629S 6.5 <br />2 10\" JL 10w0<br /><br />\"One Love\" -Bob Marley

glass gets plastic on it to protect it when its new. perhaps your glass was replaced at one time and the film wasnt removed.

Comment

they do make clear tint that blocks UV light so your intirior dosent fade
      -Aaron, AKA ATL2001<br />93 3.4L <br /><a href=\"http://www.ilfba.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ilfba.com</a>

Comment

stop by a friendly tint shop and ask them to look at it real quick.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by StudlyCamaro:
          they do make clear tint that blocks UV light so your intirior dosent fade<hr></blockquote>

sounds like a gimmick. from what i remember glass already does a pretty good job of blocking uv.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ian:
            stop by a friendly tint shop and ask them to look at it real quick.<hr></blockquote>

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] yup that sounds like the best idea imo

--matt

Comment

stop by a friendly tint shop and ask them to look at it real quick.<hr></blockquote>

or your car will blow up [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Comment

Right on... I'm gonna go to a tint shop next week. Thanks a lot.
                \'96 M5 Camaro White<br />Flowmaster Full Catback<br />SLP CAI<br />180* Thermo<br /><br />Stereo: H/U - Clarion DXZ725 <br />Alipne Type-R 6.5 Components (front), <br />Alpine Alpine SPS-1629S 6.5 <br />2 10\" JL 10w0<br /><br />\"One Love\" -Bob Marley

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Knight5:

or your car will blow up [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                  <hr></blockquote>

i meant "yo, can you come out and look at this real quick?"

not "get your *** over there NOW and have them look at it"

Comment

glass gets plastic on it to protect it when its new. perhaps your glass was replaced at one time and the film wasnt removed.<hr></blockquote>

No it dosen't.
                    <br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/nitroxxx28\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/nitroxxx28</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X