new mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new mods?

im about to have anywhere from 300-500 to spend on the car. i have an 01 red camaro m5.....my current setup is....whisper lide, k&n with free ram air mod, tsp rumbler catback, 180* stat, pcmforless tune, harris speed works nitrous kit jetted at 75, and ngk tr6 plugs. i would prefer to go performance with the money but dont know exactly where to go with it. so what do u guys think? if their is no options for performance i would consider apperance mods. so let me know what yall have in mind, thanks in advance, forrest.

Re: new mods?

-3:73 gears
    or
    -Aluminum driveshaft with a new clutch
    Last edited by hockeyman; 07-06-2006, 12:36 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

if your an auto 3.42 gears and a posi,
      if your a stick get 3.73 gears and a posi.

a nice gripping clutch would be great too like hockeyman said
      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen
        if your an auto 3.42 gears and a posi,
        if your a stick get 3.73 gears and a posi.

a nice gripping clutch would be great too like hockeyman said
        says in his message he is a manual...so yea gears and posi are a good bonus. You already have the one piece driveshaft so the alum one wouldn't be much of an upgrade compared to upgrading from the two piece one.

Do you want to get into the engine or no?

Also have you thought about upping your nitrous shot? If so maybe go with a walbro intank fuel pump to give you enough fuel

Another route would be to upgrade your suspension
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

yea i forgot to mention i have a spec stage 1 clutch, so already good in that department. i had thought about upping the nitrous, but would the fuel pump be all that i need to do so? i would go ahead and lower it up if think i need some nice wheels before i do that. i wouldnt mind going into the engine and have considered rockers as well as a cam. cam almost seems to intensive and i cant imagine how hard the rockers would be with the engine so far under the dash.

Comment

is your nitrous kit a wet or dry kit?

rockers are a lot easier than a cam upgrade

Comment

dry.... and i know the rockers would be easier, what is the best ratio for my app? 8.0 or 9.0?

Comment

ive just about decided to go witht he fuel pump....is their anywhere i can get some directions for where to cut the hole in stall it, i really dont want to drop the tank.

Comment

Originally posted by lilchubby
                  is their anywhere i can get some directions for where to cut the hole in stall it, i really dont want to drop the tank.
                  I would strongly suggest that you drop the tank first, then cut the access hole for the pump! First off, it's easier and safer, second is that you probably won't get it right the first cut and end up with a hacked-up floorboard.
                  Besides, your next of kin will probably make a life insurance claim on you if you try to cut the hole with the tank intact...if you know what I mean. I personally wouldn't take that risk.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyman
                    I would strongly suggest that you drop the tank first, then cut the access hole for the pump! First off, it's easier and safer, second is that you probably won't get it right the first cut and end up with a hacked-up floorboard.
                    Besides, your next of kin will probably make a life insurance claim on you if you try to cut the hole with the tank intact...if you know what I mean. I personally wouldn't take that risk.
                    I beg to differ. I cut my access hole no problem with the tank in place. I drilled a start hole and then used a sheetmetal scissors to cut the hole. Worked great and then I just made a replacement panel out of some sheetmetal afterwards and screwed it down. I can now change my pump in under a half hour if needed.

Comment

is their anywhere to get measurements so that i know exactly where to cut my hole at?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                        New Owner!
                        by LETZRIDE
                        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                        2 days ago
                      • ssms5411
                        Little work today
                        by ssms5411
                        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                        2 weeks ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X