How much do you pay for headlight change? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much do you pay for headlight change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do you pay for headlight change?

Today I went to my dealership to change the front left headlight and the left high beam light. I was expecting to pay about 75 bucks.

But I got charged 35 bucks for each bulb, so 70$ in total.

And 60 dollars for labor.

I paid 130 bucks for the change.

Question is, is this normal or did I get ripped off.

By the way I have a 1998 W68 Firebird.

Just chalk the cost up to learning one of life's lessons: dealer = last resort [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img]
    Well, as dealer prices go, that was pretty standard. However, it was a light bulb. I'm sure you could have changed it yourself with a phillips screw driver and a (less than) $15 bulb from a local auto parts store. It takes well less than 20 minutes if you do it yourself (and maybe a friend to hold a flashlight). Maybe you think that the dealer will do a better job or something? I don't really know...
    [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img]
    Are they long life bulbs or something (I'm guessing they are not)? I know that they don't have a lifetime warranty.
    :(
    When my bulbs burnt out, I went to the dealer to see what they had and I was like "$30--No Way!" and the dealer was like "that's what they cost" and I was like "do they come with some sort of warranty?" and the dealer was like "no" and I was like "ok, nevermind then" and I left. Weeeeeeee... [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
    Your sig is the most important part of your message. Make sure that you list EVERY single thing that you have done to your car so that we can all go \'oooh!\' and \'Ah!\'. Please make your sig consistently longer than anything else you post. Please include your lengthy sig with EVERY single post you make during a reply, even if you only reply with a monosyllable grunt.

Comment

I've been paying about 25 bucks for both the high beam and low beam, from autozone. It is really easy to install yourself also. The dealership gave you the right price, but it could be done much cheaper if you do it yourself.
      Nate

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by tuffluk55:
        I've been paying about 25 bucks for both the high beam and low beam, from autozone. It is really easy to install yourself also. The dealership gave you the right price, but it could be done much cheaper if you do it yourself.<hr></blockquote>

I'm not sure if we are saying the same thing or not. Are you paying $25 for two bulbs? I've found them at pep-boys for $13.99 for just one bulb. I think the dealer price is like $30 for just one--that's a big price difference.
        Your sig is the most important part of your message. Make sure that you list EVERY single thing that you have done to your car so that we can all go \'oooh!\' and \'Ah!\'. Please make your sig consistently longer than anything else you post. Please include your lengthy sig with EVERY single post you make during a reply, even if you only reply with a monosyllable grunt.

Comment

not sure about any other headlights but 93-97 headlights, cheapest i could find was $25 a bulb, from discount auto to Walmart, all about the same.

Either way if you ever need any lightbulbs changed on your car(except dash bulbs) and you are in Orlando I will do it for $10 + parts [img]smile.gif[/img] I'll supply my own tools.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X