Model Year question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model Year question.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> The returned cylinder heads MUST be from a late 1998 or newer engine and in rebuildable condition. Prior to mid-1998, GM used smaller valvespring pilot seats and the heads were prone to cracking at these locations. <hr></blockquote>

This is from Intense Racing's site...

how do i know if my 98 is a early to mid 98...or a mid to late 98?

VIN # 2G1FP22K8W2106907
    1998 Chevrolet Camaro L36 M5<br />1982 Toyota Celica Supra 7MGTE project car - FOR SALE<br /><br />\"I find the most sensual part of the woman is the boobies.\" - Zap Brannigan

probably need to find the casting numbers off the heads. Since they're specifing the years acceptable, they might have a listing of the cast numbers.
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

negative...no list, they know when they get in there...

i was hoping there was some site i could plug in my VIN # and find out when it was made. Any suggestions besides pulling the heads?
      1998 Chevrolet Camaro L36 M5<br />1982 Toyota Celica Supra 7MGTE project car - FOR SALE<br /><br />\"I find the most sensual part of the woman is the boobies.\" - Zap Brannigan

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mrbako:
        negative...no list, they know when they get in there...

i was hoping there was some site i could plug in my VIN # and find out when it was made. Any suggestions besides pulling the heads?
        <hr></blockquote>

There's a sticker on your driver side door. It has the month and year of manufacture.
        <a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/New/IMG_0085.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Black 2002 Camaro M5</a>-SS takeoff muffler, B&M Ripper, K&N Filter, 35/20% tint, Infinity speakers, Viper alarm, perpetually breaking clutch return spring mod. 15.49@90.15<br /><a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/P14.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">Pewter 2002 Firebird M5 (Dad\'s Car)</a>

Comment

also under the front bumper, where the plastic piece is to not let anything up into teh engine bay, it tells you the month day and shift that the car was built on

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X