new owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new owner

new owner of a 1997 camaro ,92,000 miles on it and i know there no car is perfect but would like to know the pros and cons and yes i'm going to give it a compleat tune-up:banana:

Re: new owner

Pro, very nice looking car. Con, they can be a BIT?H to work on and trubble shoot.
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

two main things that come to my mind, ignition lock cylinder and oil pan gasket.
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

that the main thing about the forums , is to learn about the cars , mods , tricks , how to fix , thing to whatch out for, dos and don't and meet other people that enjoy the same cars. today mecanics are undependable and there nothing better then fixing the problems yourself and when i buy a cars the first thing i do is get the manual (CD ) BUT IT DOESN'T HAVE ALL THE INFORMATION THAT A FORUM HAS.:tup: (NON - RACER )

Comment

There really aren't any major problems with them, but there is small stuff like power window motors dying or burning through spark plug wires.

Comment

seems a common problem these car's have is failure to start and on top of that is half the time hard to figure out

Comment

i was going to get a trans am gt , but that optispark scares anybody away.

Comment

p1870, transmission componet slipage, happens to quite a few people including myself, the tcc valve in your valve body gets worn over time, and it needs reamed out and replaced, thats a pretty common problem

Comment

Pro: A real trooper with regard to engine, suspension, and brakes. Sweet to look at, and fun to drive.

Con: '97's log type manifolds help make changing the spark plugs a bi@$h. Replacing the daytime running lights is a pain. Don't follow the manual's instructions. It's easier just to remove the battery/tray and/or air filter box and reach in from the top.

I've got a '97, and she still looks sweet, it's the greatest car I've ever owned.

Comment

so far so good and keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by EddieHaskell
                      Pro: A real trooper with regard to engine, suspension, and brakes. Sweet to look at, and fun to drive.

Con: '97's log type manifolds help make changing the spark plugs a bi@$h. Replacing the daytime running lights is a pain. Don't follow the manual's instructions. It's easier just to remove the battery/tray and/or air filter box and reach in from the top.

I've got a '97, and she still looks sweet, it's the greatest car I've ever owned.
                      NICE RIDE:tup:

Comment

like i said i'm a non- racer , will it be good to install the MSD DIS-4 Ignition System , is it for racer only, just want to do the most possible to keep it runing and save gas on the long run.:rock: :rock:

Comment

the 3800 is a beast of a motor (and it should be, like the 350, GM's only had about 40-50 years to perfect it...) make sure you baby it maintaince wise and it'll give you all its got. the thing is, once you start modding, its hard as hell to stop. eventually you'll wind up looking up to the guys who are pushing 13's and 12's and you'll be like "oh, well, i just need this one more thing..." it turns into a sickness. have fun with it, be safe, and welcome to our lil community!
                          2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X