Refrigerant Capacity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refrigerant Capacity

I got my refrigerant sucked out and replaced the other day at work, but i couldnt find the capacity i needed when i put refrigerant back in it. I got onto the internet at work and searched for it and i found a site that said it is .8 kg, so i put .8 kg in there and it seems to be alright. Condenser wasnt making any sounds like there was too much freeon in the system. Does anyone know of the capacity though? I was hesitant about putting .8 in there after i found it on an unreliable site but i had already taken the other refrigerant out, and it was darn near 100 outside so i put it in there anyway. IMOP f-body a/c suckkkks anyhow, but any little thing that could make it better is welcomed.
    Black 1996 3.8 Firebird T5, SLP CAI, Pacesetter Ceramic Headers,160* t-stat, PCMforLess Tune, Flowmaster American Thunder catback, Car Sounds Cat, custom s-pipe, MSD coils and wires, NGK plugs, 3.42 posi rear, B&M Ripper, 245/50 BFG-G-force's

Re: Refrigerant Capacity

for a 98', it calls for 0.68 kg
    I could not look up anything older than that in SI. do you no longer have the sticker for it? if you over charge, you should espect to not get as cold as air if charged properly.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Re: Refrigerant Capacity

yeah, the sticker under the hood is gone courtesy of a fender bender that the previous owner had. the plastic radiator support that was used as a replacement didnt have stickers on it. Its funny you said the air wouldnt be as cold if the system was overcharged, i thought the air didnt seem a whole lot colder, but i thought it was all in my head. think im gonna recharge it tomorrow at .68
      Black 1996 3.8 Firebird T5, SLP CAI, Pacesetter Ceramic Headers,160* t-stat, PCMforLess Tune, Flowmaster American Thunder catback, Car Sounds Cat, custom s-pipe, MSD coils and wires, NGK plugs, 3.42 posi rear, B&M Ripper, 245/50 BFG-G-force's

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X