weird f-body question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird f-body question

i have a question that have been bothering me for a while.... how does the door ajar works on 98+ camaros? what i mean is that, lets say the the car is shut off but the key is in the ignition . so, if driver door is open, it makes beeping noise .....where is button that door pushes against the body panel... i was just looking for it.... i couldn't find any... i remember in my 96 camaro, there was a spring type plastic thing toward the front fender and as soon as it pressed (by door) the beeping stops ..... there's nothing i could find on my camaro (98 model) ..... is there some kind of infrared sensor? .... :curious:
    09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
    sigpic

www.the370z.com

Re: weird f-body question

definately not an infrared sensor, that would be cool though
    I think its probably just a - and a + that makes contact
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
      a - and a + that makes contact
      i couldn't find anything like that ..... actually all there is just a piece of rubber with two holes in it ...... thats why i guess it's "infrared" but i need to know ....
      sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
        definately not an infrared sensor, that would be cool though
        I think its probably just a - and a + that makes contact

it is a little button you press down.

its somewhere where the door mounts are

Comment

infrared makes it possible to view body heat, not closed camaro doors.

Comment

I had the guy at a car stereo place disable it. He was able to disable it
            in a panel on the passenger side....it took him 20 minutes.
            Thank God he did the buzzing was driving me nuts.
            Phil

Comment

Originally posted by UDLOSE98
              infrared makes it possible to view body heat, not closed camaro doors.
              <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

Infrared is used for many things, including distance measurement and object sensing. Sensing body heat is just one of many applications for the technology. ;)
                1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

so ..... , no one has a clue how the door ajar is activated..... huh... c'mon guys someone knows the answer......i can't rest until i get the answer... i have weird personality....
                  sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Originally posted by kala
                    so ..... , no one has a clue how the door ajar is activated..... huh... c'mon guys someone knows the answer......i can't rest until i get the answer... i have weird personality....
                    i already gave you the answer

Comment

Originally posted by victimizati0n
                      i already gave you the answer
                      For 93 - 97 f-body yeah there is a button by the door hinge.... i clearly remember it on my 96 but in my new one i don't see anything.... i even put my hand around and up-down from the hinge ....nothing....

i did noticed even my door is open slightly i get ajar, that means it's somewhere on the locking side( handle side) of the door ... what'cha think?
                      sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Originally posted by kala
                        For 93 - 97 f-body yeah there is a button by the door hinge.... i clearly remember it on my 96 but in my new one i don't see anything.... i even put my hand around and up-down from the hinge ....nothing....

i did noticed even my door is open slightly i get ajar, that means it's somewhere on the locking side( handle side) of the door ... what'cha think?
                        On my friend's grand cherokee, it was built into the latch for the door on the body side.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

it's probly set up like the fords are in the lock plate in the door there is a switch that when the door closes makes contact and shuts the circuit .

Comment

do all camaros have the door agar light? unless mine burnt out, i dont seem to have it.

When you open the door, if you look at the latch, and can open/close it, that is where the switch is

Comment

no they dont. i dont have one either... which is really weird. i've never seen a car w/o a door ajar light until i had this car.
                              2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X