leaking master cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaking master cylinder

if my master cylinder has an internal leak I have to remove the trany to fix it right? Where is the fluid leaking to? Into the trannys oil?

If I remove my A4 tranny, do I need to remove any cables or anything? I guess not. I just need to remove the bellhousing-to-engine block bolts, the driveshaft and torque arm right? Thats it?
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Re: leaking master cylinder

You make absolutely no sense. You master cylinder is for your brake system. no removal of the tranny. its no leaking into your tranny. its leaking back into the no pressurized part of the master cylinder. if you removed your tranny, you would have to remove the torque arm, driveshaft, oil lines, cable, disconnect electronic connectors, bolts to engine, etc.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

okay, well some idiot told me that the only way to fix the master cylinder was to remove the tranny. just confirming

and I wanted to see if I was supposed to have removed other things on the tranny so I didnt break anything. but its off now and I'm sure I didnt break anything. What cable are you talking about? The shifter cable?
      The only things I removed were: driveshaft, torque arm, bellhousing-to-engine bolts. thats it
      2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

yeah, should have been a shift cable, some electronics and tranny oil lines
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          2 days ago
        • ssms5411
          Little work today
          by ssms5411
          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
          2 weeks ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X