Rough Idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough Idle

My Car (2000 3.8L) has been idling a little rough lately. It idles around 700 or so, whats a normal idle for our cars, and what could be the cause? I've changed spark plugs, wires, fuel filter, and cleaned the TB...My fuel gauge went out a few months ago and I'm wondering if maybe it could be the fuel pump...if not i'm guessing i ought to clean the injectors......

Re: Rough Idle

Alright, I have another idea of what could be the problem...When I changed my ignition wires i noticed that the plastic on one of the coilpacks was cracked in a few places. I was thinking maybe heat damage. So if it was puting out less power than the other two could that be it, and is there any way to test the coil packs?

Comment

I can't really help you besides the fact that mine idles around 1000-1100.
      Red 1998 Camaro<br />Mods so far=<br />K&N

Comment

it depends on the temperature outside and the last time the car has been ran, but fully warmed up my '98 runs at 800-900 RPM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock98camaro
          I can't really help you besides the fact that mine idles around 1000-1100.
          same here

Comment

My engine idles around 800. If all the cylinders aren't firing at the same rate, that will cause rough idling.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X