i hate changing tha plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i hate changing tha plugs

I had a cylinder misfire and it was my number six. my question is Why did chevy put those spark plugs in such an awkward place? i'm glad it was number six and not the one rite beside it cause it was a biT@h ayway but i dont want to think about that other one.......that was :bs:

come get some
    http://www.canyoumaketheturn.com/

Re: i hate changing tha plugs

Change your plugs, but also check your #6 spark plug wire too. That is KNOWN to leak because it sits extremely close to the hot intake manifold. Mine burned out & misfired twice before until I finally found the problem. I just replaced all of the wires and wrapped them with Header Wrap where they come very close to engine parts. You could even get heat sleeves or high temp wires.
    sigpic

Comment

guess tubular manifolds help that much, because I did my plugs in like 15 min.
      -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

how? did you have a lift? mine are a ***** to change.

come get some
        http://www.canyoumaketheturn.com/

Comment

compared to a rebuild, I LOVE changing plugs!!
          2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by 1999Spectre
            how? did you have a lift? mine are a ***** to change.

BUMP!!

How the HELL do you change the damn plugs in 15 minutes?! :rant:

Comment

easy
              you gotta have a deep socket
              me and Eric ought to have a contest to see who can do it faster!
              2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...12_48_full.jpg

i can do them in 2 minutes as of now :p
                --1986 Firebird M5-- TEAM RED

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2109812

Comment

Originally posted by BobDoLe
                  BUMP!!

How the HELL do you change the damn plugs in 15 minutes?! :rant:
                  he has the tubular manifolds whereas you have the log manifolds
                  http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

at least it's not a lightning the plug changes on my lightning takes me at least 2 hours or $350 at the dealer, the camaro takes me about 45 min to 1 hour

Comment

I did mine due to a misfire recently. I jus bought the car and I was used to doin plugs on my 79 which was a breeze. Those things took me a while, but I'm pretty sure I can knock em out now in 30 mins. Having an 01 with the tubulars did help a lot. The only one I had to get under the car for was #5, which was the spot of my misfire.

Comment

you guys THINK you have it bad... try doing lt1 plugs. its no less than a 2-3 hour job with stock manifolds. id rather be shot than do them ever again.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                        Or this

Comment

i did a plug change in about 8 minutes.

on a 4 cylinder tiburon.

took me all day in my car, but now that i know how to do it, i feel like i could do it in an hour. it took me hours to figure out how to pull the boot off, and then a lot of time to let the bleeding slow down.
                          2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                          2006 S60- Sold
                          2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Originally posted by stevethepirate

took me all day in my car, but now that i know how to do it, i feel like i could do it in an hour. it took me hours to figure out how to pull the boot off, and then a lot of time to let the bleeding slow down.
                            LOL I know what you mean man. The first time i changed my plugs and wires at 60k miles the wire boots where cooked to the plug and by the time i had enough pull power on it to get it free my hands where smashing into things at 100 lbs of pressure. Bloody and brused knuckles, a sh¡t load of F words and 2 hours later it was done. I upgraded to 8.5 wires and NGK plugs and replaced a coil the other day and it only took 20 min total! So the moral of this story is...Change your spark plugs/wires before their is 60k miles on them or Use plenty of grease on them !

Comment

I had to change my stock plugs for TR6's for nitrous application. Luckily they only come in packs of four so I had two extra. First I snapped the stock plug in half while it was in the engine. Then I shattered one of the TR6's trying to get it in. When I fractured another TR6 I headed over to a tune-up shop and paid them $90 bucks to get it done in 30 minutes.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X