General tune up tips.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General tune up tips.

I just bought a fairly high mileage 95 Camaro. I am not really sure about how the last owner took care of it or what not, but I am looking do to some general mantience to make the car run longer/perform better.

Specs:
    1995 Camaro 3.4l V6

So far I have:

-Installed Hooker Catback (my first mod =>, self-install)
    -Replaced air filter (new K&N)
    -Run a bottle of fuel injector cleaner through
    -Took the intake hose off and cleaned the heck out of the butterfly and underlying parts with carb cleaner (wow got to love that smell!)

Things I think I need to do:

-Change Plugs wires (I have no idea what kind or whatever, also is this a tough job as I have never worked on a Camaro before)
    -Fuel Filter (listening to the 'Car Counselor' on the radio a few days ago he said it was important to keep it clean, etc)

I guess thats abotu all I can think of at the moment.

On another note, I would like mod the car a bit for strictly performance gains. (new chip? heard somthing about this). But have no idea where to start. Please don't tell me go straight to new headers and y-pipe I just don't have the money to spend on that right now. Lets start small if possible =).

And to leave you with a few pics:

My brother in his 1971 Stingray, 454, 30,000 miles.

http://www.houston-f-body.org/member...p?ImageID=1144

My sister in a fully restored 1969 MG:C

http://www.houston-f-body.org/member...p?ImageID=1145

Soon pics of the Camaro.

~Taylor

Edit: Hurmp! Why are UBBCode Images disabled?!

[ March 13, 2002: Message edited by: Ethearl ]

[ March 13, 2002: Message edited by: Ethearl ]</p>
    You Samoans are all the same...you have no faith in the essential decency of the white mans\' culture.

i'm not sure how many miles you have on your camaro but here's a few things you might want to check or replace if necessary:
    -trans. fluid
    -diff.lubricant(rear end gear oil)
    -engine drivebelt
    -cooling system
    -all hoses
    -pcv valve
    -spark plugs/wires
    that's just what comes to mind but i'm sure there's a few more.

as far as performance goes the most popular mod seems to be a cold air intake, there are a few companies that make them for the 3.4 like K&N, Moroso, Slp, etc. you might want to start with that since you already have the exhaust.

good luck
    <b>94 Firebird, 3.4 V6, Red, M5</b><br /> SLP CAI, Accel 8mm Superstock Wires, Bosch Platinum +4 Plugs, Borla Exhaust, BMR Strut Tower Brace, 180* Thermostat, B&M Ripper Shifter<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/94bird\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/94bird</a>

Comment

check your pcv valve, it's on your drivers side valve cover near your cowl with a hose running under your plentum and up infront of your fuel rail. Accel(sp) wires are a good brand but i perfer ac delco wires and plugs. bosh and ngk make good plugs also. DO NOT USE AUTOZONE WIRES. I must stress this. The lifetime warranty is not worth the hour it takes to replace them. The only plugs you will have a problem getting to is the middle and back on the passanger side.

Welcome to the board and nice pict. :D
      98 3.8 A4<br />yep it\'s a 6

Comment

WE CAN'T STOP HERE!!! :eek:
        THIS IS BAT COUNTRY!!! [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img]
        1997 red 3.8 M5-Daily Driver<br />I/E, Magnaflow cat... <br /><br />1990 Talon TSI AWD-Weekend Warrier<br />Forged internals, Front Mount, SS valves, crower springs, -still under construction. Best stock E.T. 14.3@92--&gt;missing 4th doh!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
          Hello everyone!
          by Andy H
          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
          4 weeks ago
        • 3.4 slow to go
          hey there strangers!
          by 3.4 slow to go
          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X