AutoOptiks bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AutoOptiks bulbs

I was surfing autooptiks' site yesterday and found out that they have hiperwhite bulbs for my fog and headlights, now my question is, can I just replace my bulbs with these, or do I need something else? They're like $35 a pair. Are these "plug and play" bulbs?
    <b>2002 NHRA Trans Am</b><br />SLP Lid<br />SLP Loudmouth

[img]graemlins/toto.gif[/img] ----&gt; Lets try this in General Tech!!

Comment

Ok I forget the p/n for the fog lights, but if your housing and lens is good then no need for anything other then some hyper white bulbs. I have that. I also have the Auto Optik head lights on my low beams only (only use low beams, no country near me), they look great, but when they say grind some of the metal off the bracket they werent kidding, and when they said if you dont grind enough off you will crack your lense, they were right on that too. I have a small crack in my passenger side one, but my drivers side is perfect. Make it so it fits without rubbing, then grind a little more. It was easy though to install no harder then installing regular lights in my opinion. Hope that helps.

Comment

I installed some slightly higher wattage bulbs in my foglamps, it helped out a lot - try AutoZone and look at the 880's and 895s and stuff, same base different wattage :D
        2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
        Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

I had the autoptiks and hated them. I sold them and did a little home-mod of my own. I pulled the lighting element out of the original bulbs and replaced them with 9006 and 9005 bulbs. I used sylvania high output bulbd and I am very happy with the lighting, I had PIAA in both low and high, but the low just didn't do it for me. I am planning to buy a 9005 harness and relay and replace the fog lights with a 9005 bulb.

Yes yes, what i did was similar to the Autoptiks, but I found the beam pattern to be much better with the originals and new bulbs...much less scatter
          Joel<br />God is my copilot, but Satan has his foot on the gas!<br />94 3.4L AutoCamaroRagtop w/MSD ignition,Accelcoilpacks,K&N FIPK,BMR SFC&STB,3\"Catco w/3\"catbackSS muffler,JetStage 2,HomemadePIAAheadlightconversion <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/cardiac1968\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.geocities.com/cardiac1968</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
            Hello everyone!
            by Andy H
            Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
            4 weeks ago
          • 3.4 slow to go
            hey there strangers!
            by 3.4 slow to go
            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X