Dashboard Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dashboard Help!!

I was replacing my gauges with white faced reverse glow gauges, but in the process, i put a horrible crack in my dashboard. it's the part that runs the whole width of the car right under the windsheild. It's such a huge part...gahh...first off, i can't figure out how to even get the whole thing out, there are only the front clips that i could figure to get off, and second, where do i find a new one?? and how much? i checked ebay and didn't see anything, and i don't know of any place that would have it other than a junk yard, but they would most likely be cracked if it didn't get cracked in the process of taking it off and installing it on my car. my dash is the 93-96 style.
    If anyone can help me, it would be greatly appriciated...my dash looks horrible!
    Troy
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Re: Dashboard Help!!

The dash on my 96 Camaro is held on by velcro type pads. The whole dash will lift up without having to removing a single bolt.
    Where are you located? There is a guy here in southwestern PA that sells f-body parts. If you are nearby, you could pick it up.
    sigpic

Comment

do u know of the guy that sells parts in PA cuz im just curious where he is located

Comment

Cracking those flimsy dash pads is a pretty common thing. Your problem was that you have to take off the panels running from the dash to over the windows; otherwise you'll crack that damn thing everytime. My car has TTops so it was very easy to take everything off. By the way, if you dont find a new dash in PA there's a place here in Florida called 'Trans-Am Creations.' They ship everywhere, but I think they charge about $140 for a new dash. Good luck

Comment

I live in Salem, Oregon...so I don't know of a place nearby that i could get a new one from..
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Here is the F-Body guy. He is located in Bristol, PA. Email him, or give him a ring Mon-Fri, 8a to 5p.

His Address and phone info is:

Contemporary Corvette
            2705 Old Rodgers Rd
            Bristol, PA 19007-1734
            (215) 781-0202

He also has an 800 number: 1-800-FOR-VETTE-PARTS
            I know it's too long for a phone number, but it's what he has listed...
            sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X