Rear Defroster Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Defroster Problem

k.. I turn on my rear defroster... light stays on for a few minutes and then turns off by itself.. Anyone have any clues on what the problem might be?
    Thanks
    1996 Camaro<br />Nothing special really done yet!

I think it's supposed to be that way...Mine does the same thing. I guess it's a feature so that it doens't run your battery down????

Comment

That's what I thought... But what is the beauty of this feature if it turns off when the rear window is not defrosted yet... It's really getting me annoyed!

Comment

http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimate...c&f=1&t=004553

Comment

Thanks OnixV6!!

Comment

Normal duty cycle is 10 minutes for the first cycle of your defroster. I would be willing to be the problem is as simple as changing a fuse. More specifically the circuit breaker. Do this...go to your main panel on the side of your dash at the door and replace the 30amp metal breaker. All this thing is is a re-setting thermal switch that got all out of wack. Yours overheats fast, break contact, then comes back when it is cool. Change it for $5. Let me know.
            180 Thermo, K&N Filter, Transgo stage 2, Pacesetters, Magnaflow cat, Flowmaster Catback, 3.42 LSD, Hotchkis LCA/Panhard, Bilstein, Eibach Pro, 1LE bars, SP crossdrilled/slotted rotors.<br /><br />Vortech Project 1.0 failed.<br />Vortech Project 2.0 in the works

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X