slimy icky stuff in my upper intake... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

slimy icky stuff in my upper intake...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slimy icky stuff in my upper intake...

ok, so, damn those k&n filters... over oiled mine and it fouled up the maf sensor. no biggie tho, i got some carb cleaner and maf sensor cleaner and took off my throttle body. sprayed off the maf sensor and then went to the t/body and it looked nice and pretty in teh front but in the back (after the thottle plate) it looked terrible. thick carbon deposits all over it and in my intake. i sprayed and wiped off what i could in the body and got as far as i could into the intake but DAMN. i used the whole can and i looked in there and it was STILL nasty. Is there a way of cleaning all that crap out without spraying 5 cans of carb cleaner into my intake?
    btw, now that i got the maf sensor all clean, it made a HUGE difference. the idle isnt NEARLY as rough and my throttle response is spot on again. no more huge power boost at 4000 rpms. its nice 'n smooth the whole way thru.
    2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Re: slimy icky stuff in my upper intake...

1 P&P intakes
    2 !EGR
    3 put stock filter back on
    I'm Just kidding about that cause its not a great idea, but it would work
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

yeah is that NORMAL? should there be all that carbon there? i was figuring cuz of the egr and the fact that my engine is 100k miles old it'd be dirty but now i'm curious...
      2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

yea they get that bad. It happens with that many miles. Some people seafoam their engine to try and get rid of that built up carbon
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Does the EGR really make that much of a carbon buildup difference?
          If it does, I'll look into deleting it.
          sigpic

Comment

of course it does make that much carbon buildup
            it can screw up the gaskets
            no matter how much carb/choke cleaner you spray I dont think its gonna go away! it lingers
            It would not be smart to delete the EGR cause the thing gives you better gas mileage
            2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

i REALLY wish i woulda gotten pictures of this stuff fer u guys. seriously, it was like a good 1/8 inch of pure carbon baked on there. and the kicker is... i DID do a seafoaming earlier this year. sucked half the bottle in thru the brake booster vacuum line just like everyone said to do. seems the only thing that i can really do is take it off and give it a good solvent "bath"... or p&p it haha

Comment

if you have it off, minds just p&p it then, gain a few ponies and it gets cleaned good
                http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

I dont recommend P&Ping intakes, because it might throw your AFR off.

Comment

Egr has nonthing to do with engine warm up. Actually its there to cool the engine by reducing combustan temps. I have totally removed my with zzproformance egr delete kit, my gas milage has remaind the same, and i swear i notice more power while driving.
                    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

intake air > cooler > EGR air

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X