fuel filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel filter

how long does it ushaly take to replace a fuel filter. i have never had to do it before and is there anything i need to do to relese pressure????????????????????????????????/

Re: fuel filter

pull the gas cap off that should do the trick. overall id say 10-20 minutes at the most to pull and replace it. be careful you will get a small gas bath though.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

the gas cap will help a lil bit but not really. i think theres a valve under the car but i dont even bother with it. all u need are a set of crescent wrenches and some long rubber laundry gloves. get under da car, the filter is in the left rear wheel well. pinch the plastic fitting thing and pull firmly to get that end off and let the pressure relieve itself all over your arm and that catch pan you're gonna put under it. after its all done, take two wrenches (10 and 12 mm i THINK) and undo the pipe fitting on the other side. after that, just grab some pliers or sumthing and squeeze the mounting bracket to release the filter. reverse that for installation and go wash ur arm thoroughly. that gas will dissolve ALL the oil in your skin and it'll become uber dry afterwards so grab some handlotion too. oh oh. b4 u start up the car, let the key sit in the ON posisiton for like 15 seconds so some fuel pressure will build back up b4 u crank it. good luck and dont smoke.
      2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

it takes 10-15 mins max
        2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Yeah, it's a one beer job ... maybe two if you need to rince your eyes out ... another way to relieve the pressure is to depress the schrader valve on the fuel rail, but like Camaro Dom said, it's not that much if you don't release the pressure ... good luck
          \'97 Firebird 3.8 ... 1/4 mile = 12.50 (minutes)

Comment

ive changed mine twice, just loosen the fuel cap, jack up the car a little bit, loosen the fuel filter, it will spray for a few seconds, then just take it off and put on a new one. 15 mins tops
            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

to relieve fuel pressure in my car I usually take the fuel pump fuse out of the fuse box in the dash, then crank the car a sec. All pressure is relieved then. Opening the gas cap will work as well, but there will be some pressure there yet
              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
                to relieve fuel pressure in my car I usually take the fuel pump fuse out of the fuse box in the dash, then crank the car a sec. All pressure is relieved then. Opening the gas cap will work as well, but there will be some pressure there yet
                now THERES a good idea.... last time i did a filter i got some of the stuff on my face... me no likey
                2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

dealer wanted to charge me $50 to do it, i said no thanks, then did it a couple weeks later for $5

Comment

I do it the same way 97RS4life does. Also, doesn't hurt to wrap a cloth around the filter to catch the gas that leaks out.. If you check the auto parts store, they sell a little tool designed to make removing the filter from the line a little easier.
                    69 Camaro 350 4spd, Full Hotchkis susp, Baer brakes, moser 12 bolt, Flowmaster<br /><br />96 RS Hotchkis STB, subframe connectors, Hotchkis LCA and adj Panhard rod, SS camaro sway bars, Bilstein shocks, powerslot rotors, Borla exhaust, rksport headers, k@nFIPK

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X