overheated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overheated

Changed the water pump in my 1987 bird two weeks ago and last week driving down I-70 the car overheated due to lack of coolant. After the car cooled down it would crank fine, but would not fire up. Towed the car home and started looking around the motor and the only thing that stood out was a broken sensor on the back passenger side of the motor in the head. Plug or sensor has broken free and only held by the wire leading to it. Could this be an issue or did I cause great internal harm to the 2.8 when it over cooked?

Re: overheated

How long did you drive it hot, and how high on the gauge was it?

Was there coolant in the Radiator when you checked?

Comment

Not sure how hot it got. All I have are idot lights. Ran car until I saw steam coming from under the hood and the car died while pulling to the shoulder and would not restart.

Comment

What does it do and not do when you try to turn it over?

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

The car turns over fine, just can not get it to fire. Any ideas on what to try or look for?

Comment

compression?
            2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X