Fuel pump relay question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pump relay question

I've been diagnosing my fuel pump not coming on when I turn the key (1994 Firebird 3.4) and I think I'm not understanding the fuel pump relay properly. I found in this thread while searching the forums about the wires to the relay.
    http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...uel+relay+wire

With a test light, I tested the power that controls the relay by turning on the key and that worked (green wire to black wire). It comes on for a couple of seconds, how long the pump should prime, and it disconnects. I couldn't get power going through the other two wires (pink and gray). I checked the PCM fuse, #5 and that's ok. On the relay, there's a little map showing pins 87 and 30 as the switch (pink and gray wires) and 85 and 86 as the relay control (green and black). Should I see power when I connect 87 and 30? Even with the key turned, I don't get power. I must not understand how relays work.

Nevermind. Works with the relay in

The pink and gray wires get power with the relay in, so I was obviously testing the power the wrong way. I guess it's the fuel pump that's bad. Time to start cutting a hole in the trunk.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X