Squeaking problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeaking problem

Hello I noticed the other day that my car was squeaking from the front, it only squeaks when im going slow though, and when I push the brakes it stops.
    I was wondering if anybody knows what the problem may be
    if i was a pirate noone would have a car

Re: Squeaking problem

Have you checked the front brake pads lately? Or if you have replaced them recently, did you use "disk brake quiet" behind the pads?
    95 Red Camaro 3.4L V6 A4

Comment

No, I haven't changed the pads or checked or used that stuffo.
      How do you check the pads and where would I get "disk brake quiet".
      if i was a pirate noone would have a car

Comment

For the pads you will need to remove the front wheels and visually inspect them. Disk break quiet is available at any auto parts store.
        95 Red Camaro 3.4L V6 A4

Comment

Originally posted by isuckatdriving
          Hello I noticed the other day that my car was squeaking from the front, it only squeaks when im going slow though, and when I push the brakes it stops.
          I was wondering if anybody knows what the problem may be
          Its time to REPLACE your front brake pads.

Comment

Also when you have the pads out, check the caliper pins that are found in the carrier assembly. Pull the little rubber boots back and remove the pins. Most of the time those pins are corroded and seized. If they are, replace them with new. If you try to clean them up they will just rust up again because the plating that is supposed to prevent corrosion would be removed.

The pins are what the caliper is bolted to and allow the caliper to move or float. When these pins start to sieze up and the caliper movement becomes restricted the pads start to make all sorts of noises.

Make sure you re-assemble the pins using the proper high temp silicon brake grease.
            Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

GoRa is right - your pads are done. The squeaker is built in to tell you it's time to change them. Continuing to drive without changing may damage your rotors.
              95Camaro3.4T5Conv Red/White*SLP Bilsteins*BMR Tower Brace*CAI*NiehoffIgn*NGK PlatPlugs*DelcoHiPerfWires*FlowmasterCatback*RedDe vilReso(no cat)* DynoMax Muffler*B & M Shifter*Eurolite Lamps*Yokohama Avid 235/55/16*GM 3.73s*Auburn LSD*Sirius*All DONE!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X