Need help from the A/C guru's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help from the A/C guru's

I really need to know what part to buy. I have a 94 3.4 Camaro, the air blows but it isnt cold its warm. When I put two cans of freon in the car it blew cold for about four days then it went back to warm...also when I turn the air off it "hisses" for about ten seconds..what could be the problem and how can I fix it. Please help because the south florida summer is killing me.

Re: Need help from the A/C guru's

sounds like you have a leak somewhere, get a shop (or DIY if you can) to add some dye into the freon mix and drive the car for a couple days, then you will be able to find out where it's leaking from. Also, a quick check of all valves/bolts to ensure they are on tight is also a good idea :)
    1995 Black Firebird Turbo 3.8L<br />Custom FS Headers | AiResearch T04B | Tial 38mm | Bosch BOV | 30\" FMIC | 2.75\" IC pipes | 3\" Exhaust w/cutout | Flowmaster 80 | Walbro In-Tank 255LPH | 180* termo | Autometer Boost + A/F (phantom) | 36# GTP injectors

Comment

You may have blown the seals in the compressor. If so, time for a new compressor :D . I have the same problem, and that's what happened to me
      ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
      A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Originally posted by tatback
        When I put two cans of freon in the car it blew cold for about four days then it went back to warm.
        Same thing happened to me. I had to replace the A/C evaporator core. Take it to an A/C shop and have the system tested (~$35 bucks for me) and diagnosed. Fix it yourself if your able.
        Doug<br />1996 Camaro RS M5 Y87<br />SLP Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, 1LE frt/rear sway bars

Comment

every car hisses after you shut it off with the ac on

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X