Worst Day Ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Day Ever!

Ok, so I go to change spark plugs, wire boots will not budge, bought boot puller will not even move side to side. So changing plugs today is outta question. Go to change oil, jacking car up with factory jack in the rec. spot up front so I can slide jack stands under, that area bends causing car to violently fall off of jack. I have done this stuff before and never had one problem, what am I doing wrong. Should I being going to Church more?

Re: Worst Day Ever!

Dang man sorry to hear that. Isn't there some kind of penetrating oil or something for the plugs? Don't worry I have a hard time everytime I change my oil too. My Y pipe gets in the way of the drain plug so I have to unbolt the left header and pull it out of the way. But try again and don't get you or your car hurt
    2002 SOM 35th Camaro. K&N filter, smooth intake bellow, 160* thermo, \'vette power servo, B&M transpak, Pacesetter Headers, 3in. in dual 2.5in. out Flowmaster 40 muffler, custom dual side exit exhaust before rear tires, MSD plug wires

Comment

oh you poor misguided soul! first off, those plug wires are nasty any which way you look at it... just pull off the wires and worry about the shields later. that spot that ur jacking at.... yeah, its not a lift point. its the spot where the fender bolts to teh body. things SHOULD NOT bend if ur lifting up the car.. you should've stopped. The manual is very unclear about it i know. you'll see about a foot directly behind that (now) bent part, there are two pieces of metal pressed together for a "pinch weld". the weld should stick out like maybe a half inch. it'll be a little more under your door than anything. you should see it/feel it. the factory jack wont lift it ON that weld, but on the body parts on either side of it. just try it, and if you cant figure it out, take it to a shop and ask them where to lift it. i'd take some vice grips and a hammer or w/e and try to bend back ur fender mount. that fender probably isnt flush with your door anymore i'll bet. GM should've labeled that as a DO NOT JACK HERE thingy. sorry to hear that dude! Invest in a floor jack as soon as you can. they're a life saver. but they'll jack up in a different spot than the factory tire jack so ask b4 u use one of those too. basically, anything that is "unsprung weight" (i.e. carries the car, control arms, axle, k-member) is a safe bet when you dont know. good luck!
      2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

thats odd. ive never had a problem jacking it up from there on either fbod ive owned nor the 2 others ive worked on.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
        Or this

Comment

Originally posted by Camaro Dom
          GM should've labeled that as a DO NOT JACK HERE thingy.
          they did. just look closer
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

lol i was thinking that it was stamped on there.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

yes, your right. it is stamped in there on both sides

Comment

I thought with the factory jack that the rec. spots are diveted (if that's a word) in that slight bit like 6 or 8 inch behind wheel. I thought that was safe to do I know I had it right in the little curve of the jack. I have a floor jack but I am scared as heck to use it on my car up front. BTW did the oil change fine with my friends ramps. Also, I know some of you all might not be fans of Pennzoil but that's what I have used in all of my cars and I run synthetic in the Camaro, but it's only 20 bucks for the 6 quart case at Pep Boys, 35 then 15 mail in rebate better than 50 bucks for someone else to do it. My car is super clean under it except a huge exterior rust spot on my oil pan. I think I'll clean and then put some silver bullet on it. Thanks for the replies!
                Last edited by Savorybacon; 06-14-2006, 04:14 AM.

Comment

having those pinch crap bend is a normal thing. wouldnt sweat it next time

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X