engine removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine removal

just out of curiousity about how long does it take to remove an engine from a 4th Gen? how high does the body have to be lifted in order to get the motor from underneath it?

Re: engine removal

i took mine out the top of car wasn't to hard i had the motor out and new motor in within 8 hours and running
    95 camaro 3.4auto, 3:23 gears, K&n intake, jet stage 1 chip, clear corners, flowmaster 80series, carsound cat,

Comment

why are you removing the eng?

If you take it out from underneath(which is the easiest) you have to drop the k-member, keep the engine on the front wheels, and disconnect a few other things. This is considered unsafe because it might be hard to make sure the body is gonna stay up in the air.
      I've never done it that way.
      I've only pulled the eng from up top. I considered it easy cause I did it myself. The hardest thing is ya gotta pull the engine and tranny forward so you can get the bellhousing bolts off (which require alot of torque!).
      I've got pics of it coming out from underneath though, if ya want them.
      2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

is it possible to fit a 350/lt1/ls1 etc from the top? or only the 6s
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265676\" target=\"_blank\">95 bright red camaro 3.4l</a>

Comment

Originally posted by notsonic
          is it possible to fit a 350/lt1/ls1 etc from the top? or only the 6s
          you can do it, radiator might need to come off, along with the upper intake manifold maybe. people have done it before.
          1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

It doesn't have to come out. I was just curious which is the best way. would an engine hoist lift the car high enough to get it off the motor?

Comment

probably, but again, its dangerous
              2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

http://www.michiganspeed.com/enginepull/index.html

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X