Where is the second gear start switch on the 3.8? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is the second gear start switch on the 3.8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the second gear start switch on the 3.8?

I've seen the switch for second gear start on the 3.4's but not on the 3.8. Is there a switch for it on the 3.8's?

Re: Where is the second gear start switch on the 3.8?

Mine is right next to the Foglight switch and Camaro plaque above the radio.. I have a '98 3.8

Comment

i dont think 3.4's ever had it, i think it was only the 3.8's, if you dont know where it is then you dont have it, its pretty obvious

Comment

I don't have a Camaro yet. Isn't the switch above the radio for Traction control if you have it?

Comment

v6s dont have traction control, only the v8's, the sgs switch is where the tcs would be for the v8, but yes, it is directly above the radio on a maro, and by the ashtray for the bird

Comment

This floats into an area that I'm uncertain of myself. What's the purpose of SGS if not traction control?

Comment

Originally posted by bah
              v6s dont have traction control, only the v8's, the sgs switch is where the tcs would be for the v8, but yes, it is directly above the radio on a maro, and by the ashtray for the bird
              But then wouldn't all automatic V6 Camaro's have the switch? I've seen cars with the switch blocked out. Where is it on those cars? I thought that only the V8 had the type of traction control that would actually apply the brakes to different wheels, but the V6's could have the type that retarded the ignition to aviod wheel spin.

Comment

The switch is right next to the Fog light switch over the radio console. If it's there, you can't miss it. I have a 98 v6.

Comment

i think they all have it, i dont think it was optional, you may have seen the foglight switch blocked out, or if it was a 5 speed, but i think all autos have it (98+ at least) i dont think tcs of any sort was ever an option on any v6

Comment

I have a 2002 v6 camaro AUTO and my button is blocked off (I dont have it). Its right next to the fog light switch.
                    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

on my 96 its right above my ashtray

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

They all came optional 3.4, 3.8 and 5.7s... My friends '95 3.4 has it and my old '97 3.8 firebird had it.

My new '95 does not.
                        1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
                          I have a 2002 v6 camaro AUTO and my button is blocked off (I dont have it). Its right next to the fog light switch.
                          Can you check your owners manual to see what it says about second gear start and let us know?

Comment

my 97 has the sgs switch up by the fog light switch. My brother has a TCS button down by the cig lighter in his 99 bird.
                            http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Atreus21
                              This floats into an area that I'm uncertain of myself. What's the purpose of SGS if not traction control?
                              I have a 99 Camaro. The manual says that SGS button provides "more traction" when you are "starting" on ice or other slippery surfaces. When selected, SGS will put the transmission in 2nd gear just to start moving the car. After starting in second gear, the transmission will upshift normally. If you have 98 or 99 auto, and don't have this button, then you don't have this feature. I don't know about 2000-2002 autos
                              Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X