traction control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• traction control

i called my dealer about tc. he ran the serial # and told me my car had a "handeling and ride" package. he told me that tc was part of that and that there was no way to turn it off. the only switch i have is to start out in 2nd. i've never heard or not being able to turn tc off. anyone ever heard of anything like this? i have 98 firebird.

Re: traction control

Are you talking about the SGS button? Do you have one?
    Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Comment

No you can't turn the tc off, slp makes a button to turn it off, i haven't tried it, but maybe someone else has. FTPP has em, also you could take off your torque management, that will help
      K&N air filter, Whisper air lid, magnaflow LT1 cat back, and magnaflow high flow cat, pacesetter headers, silverstars<br /><br />more to come soon<br />but for now im out of money

Comment

Or you could pull the relay under the hood in the relay/fuse box for the TCS system.
        1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

Originally posted by Nikos95
          Or you could pull the relay under the hood in the relay/fuse box for the TCS system.
          Is there really a fuse i can pull??? Which one?? Will is throw the ses.
          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

it shouldnt throw a ses, but i bet your tcs light will be on

Comment

what is sgs? i have a switch to skip 1st gear, so the will start off in 2nd.

Comment

i don't remember seeing anything on my car about tcs. the dealer said it was part the package, as anyone ever heard of that package or know what code would be on the door? the dealer also told me that if the tcs light comes on when you start the car you have tcs. that's the system doing a check. mine does this but i have no other signs of having tcs. i'm going to try and look for a relay, but i'm going on vac. so i have alot of other things that have to get done first. everyone may want to check for the light at startup to know for sure. i have tcs and sgs!!!
                Last edited by 1998FIREBIRD; 06-06-2006, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Not a clue about what code would be there.

Its under the hood should be with your fuse box under the hood, a little black box its a relay, on the cover it should say TCS relay, just pull the relay, right it shouldn't throw a code, the the light will probably be on.
                  1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

Originally posted by Nikos95
                    Not a clue about what code would be there.

Its under the hood should be with your fuse box under the hood, a little black box its a relay, on the cover it should say TCS relay, just pull the relay, right it shouldn't throw a code, the the light will probably be on.
                    TCS BAT is for Traction Control System (ASR) and ETC

If you pull the TCS BAT fuse, you will throw a code and the car will start up all funny like. It will light up the reduced engine power light too. I had to remove the PCM BAT fuse for 5 minutes to clear the code.

Anyone know a sure way to kill the torque management system for free?
                    Last edited by BobDoLe; 09-01-2006, 09:10 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure if you don't have the ASR switch in the middle of
                      the dash you don't have traction control.

SGS=Second Gear Start

A sure way to find out is to go and do a burnout or loose traction
                      some way. If the car automatically kills the throttle then you have
                      traction control. If not, well then you don't.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X