p1134

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p1134

The SES light came on and I went to Autozone to get it checked. It cam back to this code. The clerk handed me a receipt with the code and the description-HO2S Transistion Time Ratio Sensor 1/ Bank 1 Fuel Control Shifted Rich.
    Here's the problem. I'm afraid to take it to the dealer because of all the mods I have done to it. GT cam, Comp Cams springs, new retainers, new timing chain, gaskets, Pacesetter headers, Catco cat, Flowmaster muffler and TSP tuned PCM for the above as well as the 3.73 rear end.
    I don't want them to reflash the PCM cause I'll lose the tuning and have to send it back. If I could fix it myself I would love that but if I do take it to the dealer do you have any advise?
    The car seems to be running fine, no hesitation or stumbling.
    Last edited by Wan2goFSTR; 06-04-2006, 06:34 PM.

Re: p1134

first, did your tune increase the fuel? if you take it to the dealership, simply explain everything you have done and tell them to not reflash the PCM. they should decide at that point if they can help you.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

this is what SI says...

DTC P1134 HO2S Transition Time Ratio Sensor 1

Circuit Description
      The PCM continuously monitors the Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) activity. The PCM counts the number of times that the HO2S responds from rich to lean and from lean to rich and adds the amount of time it took to complete all transitions during the 100 second test period. With this information, an average time for all transitions can be determined. The PCM then divides the rich to lean average by the lean to rich average to obtain a ratio. If the HO2S transition time ratio is not within range, DTC P1134 will be set, indicating that the oxygen sensor is not responding as expected to changes in exhaust oxygen content.

Conditions for Setting the DTC
      • No TP sensor, EVAP system, misfire, IAT sensor, MAP sensor, Fuel Trim, Fuel Injector, EGR Pintle, ECT sensor, CKP sensor, or MAF sensor DTCs are set.

• The engine has been running at least 1 minute.

• Engine speed is between 1000 RPM and 3000 RPM.

• Mass Air Flow: is between 15 gm/s and 30 gm/s.

- Manual Transaxle - MAF is between 10 and 30 g/s.

- Automatic Transaxle - MAF is between 15 and 29 g/s.

• Engine Temperature is greater than 50°C (122°F).

• The conditions are present for a 100 second test period.

• Bank 1 HO2S 1 Transition Time:

- Manual Transaxle - Bank 1 HO2S 1 transition time ratio is less and 0.5 and greater than 3.25.

- Automatic Transaxle - Bank 1 HO2S 1 transition time ratio is less than 0.4 and greater than 4.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets
      • The PCM will illuminate the MIL during the second key cycle in which the DTC sets.

• Open Loop fuel control will be in effect.

• The PCM will store conditions which were present when the DTC set as Freeze Frame and Fail Records data.

Conditions for Clearing the MIL/DTC
      • The PCM will turn the MIL OFF on the third consecutive trip cycle during which the diagnostic has been run and the fault condition is no longer present.

• A history DTC P1134 will clear after 40 consecutive warm-up cycles have occurred without a fault.

• DTC P1134 can be cleared by using the scan tool Clear Information function or by disconnecting the PCM battery feed.

Diagnostic Aids
      A malfunction in the HO2S heater ignition feed or ground circuit may cause a DTC P1134 to set. Check HO2S heater circuitry for intermittent faults or poor connections. If connections and wiring are OK and DTC P1134 continues to set, replace the bank 1 HO2S 1. Review the Fail Records vehicle mileage since the diagnostic test last failed. This may help determine how often the condition that caused the DTC to be set occurs.

Test Description
      Number(s) below refer to the step number(s) on the Diagnostic Table:

A condition that affects other heated oxygen sensors indicates probable contamination. To avoid damaging replacement sensors, correct the condition which caused the contamination before replacing the affected sensors.

This step checks for conditions which may cause the heated oxygen sensor to appear faulty. Correct any of the described conditions if present.

To avoid damaging replacement sensors, correct the condition which caused the contamination before replacing the affected sensors.

DTC P1134 - HO2S Transition Time Ratio Bank 1 Sensor 1 Step Action

Was the Powertrain On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) System Check performed?
      --
      yes - Go to Step 2
      no - Go to the Powertrain On Board Diagnostic (OBD) System Check

Important
      If any DTCs are set (except P1153, P1154, P1155, and/or P1156), refer to those DTCs before proceeding with this diagnostic chart.

Engine idling at operating temperature
      Operate vehicle within parameters specified under Conditions for Setting the DTC criteria included in Diagnostic Support.
      Using a scan tool, monitor Specific DTC info for DTC P1134 until the DTC P1134 test runs.
      Does scan tool indicate DTC failed this ignition?
      --
      yes- Go to Step 3
      no- Go to Diagnostic Aids

Did scan tool also indicate P1153, P1154, P1155, and/or P1156 test failed?
      --
      yes- Go to Step 8
      no- Go to Step 4

Perform Exhaust System Leak Test. Refer to Exhaust Leakage . After you perform the Exhaust System Leak Test, return to this diagnostic.
      If an exhaust leak is found, repair as necessary.
      Was an exhaust leak isolated?
      --
      yes- Go to Step 2
      no- Go to Step 5

Visually/physically inspect the following items:

Ensure that the Bank 1 HO2S 1 is securely installed.
      Check for corrosion on terminals.
      Check terminal tension (at Bank 1 HO2S 1 and at the PCM).
      Check for damaged wiring.
      Was a problem found in any of the above areas?
      --
      yes- Go to Step 9
      no- Go to Step 6

Disconnect Bank 1 HO2S 1 and jumper HO2S low (PCM side) signal circuit to ground.
      Using a scan tool, monitor Bank 1 HO2S 1 voltage.
      Does the scan tool indicate voltage near the specified value?
      450 mV
      yes- Go to Step 7
      no- Go to Step 10

Jumper Bank 1 HO2S 1 high and low (PCM side) signal circuits to ground.
      Using a scan tool, monitor Bank 1 HO2S 1 voltage.
      Does scan tool indicate voltage below specified value?
      300 mV
      yes- Go to Step 12
      no- Go to Step 11

Replace affected Heated Oxygen Sensors. Refer to Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Replacement .

Important
      Before replacing sensors, the cause of the contamination must be determined and corrected.

Fuel contamination
      Use of improper RTV sealant.
      Engine oil/coolant consumption
      Is the action complete?
      --
      yes- Go to Step 13
      --

Repair condition as necessary.

Is the action complete?
      --
      yes- Go to Step 13
      --

Repair an open Bank 1 HO2S 1 low signal circuit or a grounded Bank 1 HO2S 1 high signal circuit. Refer to Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Replacement

Is the action complete?
      --
      yes- Go to Step 13
      --

Repair open Bank 1 HO2S 1 high signal circuit or faulty PCM connections. Refer to Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Replacement .

Is the action complete?
      --
      yes- Go to Step 13
      --

Replace Bank 1 HO2S 1. Refer to Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Replacement .

Is the action complete?
      --
      yes- Go to Step 13
      --

Clear DTCs
      Engine idling at operating temperature
      Operate vehicle within parameters specified under Conditions for Setting the DTC criteria included in Diagnostic Support.
      Using a scan tool, monitor Specific DTC info for DTC P1134 until the DTC P1134 test runs.
      Does scan tool indicate DTC failed this ignition?
      --
      yes- Go to Step 2
      no- System OK
      Last edited by BLLDOGG; 06-04-2006, 09:07 PM.
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Wow, that was quick and a whole lot of info! Thank you!
        Ed
        Last edited by Wan2goFSTR; 06-04-2006, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Again thank you for all the reponses. Juat to make it more interesting, the light went away and then cam back on later the next day. It still runs fine as far as I can tell, so I will drive it a while longer to see what develops.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X