How to lift car really high?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to lift car really high?

I need to get the front end up high enough to drop the motor out the bottom and put in the 3.8. I was thinking getting a strut tower brace and hooking a cherry picker up to that and lifting it form there. Any other ideas?
    Hot Cammed LT1 Sleeper

That might not work, as AFAIK the K-rail / engine stuff attaches to the struts / Strut tower. A lift? Or can you do the engine through the top?
    -Rob
    <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

im 99% sure youd have to drop it..and how youre gonna do that witout a lift im not sure...sorry

Comment

I have it high enought that i could drop it about 6 inches. Then i was thinking about just putting some bolts through the holes of the shock mounts and attaching the strut tower to those.
        Hot Cammed LT1 Sleeper

Comment

you can hook up the engine hoist to the frame in the front of the car, goes between the headlights, and lift from there.

Comment

i will try that, thanks Tiago!
            Hot Cammed LT1 Sleeper

Comment

You can pull the motors from the top you just turn it sidesways.
              2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

Just unbolt the motor but leave it running and attached to the tranny and rear end. Point the nose end out of the garage. Rev to 5K and DUMP IT. Maybe your car will propel itself over the engine and tranny. Worth a try.
                2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

Lifting from a strut tower bar may just break it in half and drop your car to the ground......do all you can to find a lift that you could use....too much trouble doing anything else...drop it out the bottom

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cale:
                    Just unbolt the motor but leave it running and attached to the tranny and rear end. Point the nose end out of the garage. Rev to 5K and DUMP IT. Maybe your car will propel itself over the engine and tranny. Worth a try.<hr></blockquote>

LMAO [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                    Pewter 99 Camaro z28 m6<br />13.60 @ 106mph<br />_ ___________________ _ <br />Hooker Cat-Back<br />Pro 5.0 Short Shifter<br />Whisper Lid

Comment

bTW you can take the engine out from the top if you want, you don't have to turn it sideways or anything.

http://www.angelfire.com/ok5/tiago/blownup.html

Comment

To take the engine out the top, you have to make clearance for the top of the engine to go back towards the firewall while it's being lifted for enough room to pull it out. Wouldn't you have to remove everything down past the heads for clearance to get it out? That's jsut something I've heard...what any of you think? I'm just curious myself..... :D

Comment

I alrady have the motor apart enough to take it out the top but my 3.8 is all together and i want to not have to take it all apart too. I will try lifting from the front of the frame. hopefully that will work and my frame won't fold up either.
                          Hot Cammed LT1 Sleeper

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                              Hello everyone!
                              by Andy H
                              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                              4 weeks ago
                            • 3.4 slow to go
                              hey there strangers!
                              by 3.4 slow to go
                              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X