1997 WS6 in the yard..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 WS6 in the yard..

heh guys there is a black 97 6 speed WS6 hard top in the yard locally. it isnt a yard that is picked over by people so i actually get a chance to get what i want off it at a reasonable price. i already snagged the chrome 17's off it and wa wondering what other parts might be of use to me. from what i can tell the front sway bar is a good idea. and im now wondering if this might be a 1LE package car. how can i ID it as such . i was considering getting the exhuast and possibly the springs and shocks. is the rear end a bolt on for my 96 V-6 bird? thanks for the help!
    Justin F.
    1996 Dark Green V-6 auto. few mods.<br />previous rides:<br />1989 turbo 5 speed dodge caravan (18 PSI, 3\" exhuast,intercooled blah blah)<br />1989 Mustang GT (11.72 @118 many many mods, blown engine a.t.m. :-( )

Re: 1997 WS6 in the yard..

the rear end is a direct swap into your bird and a great idea if it has 3.42s/LSD which I imagine it does being WS6.

Check the codes on the drivers door for what it has. Can find out if it is 1LE and the gears from the door codes.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

just take the whole car and put its engine in yours!

Comment

cant take the whole car. cant afford the whole motor and swap.. okay does anyone know axle codes for V-8's so i can determin the gear ratio.

and can i get a little more info on the suspension please.. thanks!
        1996 Dark Green V-6 auto. few mods.<br />previous rides:<br />1989 turbo 5 speed dodge caravan (18 PSI, 3\" exhuast,intercooled blah blah)<br />1989 Mustang GT (11.72 @118 many many mods, blown engine a.t.m. :-( )

Comment

GU6=3.42's, GU5=3.23's, if its automatic it will have 3.23's or 3.42's if its a six speed.
          <a href=\"http://www.fbodyelpaso.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyelpaso.org</a> A4 stock 3.42 and LSD not Y87,SLP cold air induction, whisper lid, k&n filter, flowmaster 80 series, hypertech, 160 powerstat thermostat, t/a front bumper, functional nostrils, pacesetter headers best et: 15.9 at about 4800ft

Comment

im going to add to this link and i just went outside to check my car and i have a 2000 firebird....i thought my car had 3.08 in it....I looked on the door and it shows the GU6 code

Comment

Originally posted by cmblack13
              im going to add to this link and i just went outside to check my car and i have a 2000 firebird....i thought my car had 3.08 in it....I looked on the door and it shows the GU6 code
              its not the majority but lots of 99+ seem to have had 3.42s and now LSd added in.

seems like I run into alot of 2ks with 3.42s specifically, probalby just a coincidence though.
              -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

how do i know if i have an LSD or not? i dont think that both tires spin but i could be wrong...whats the code to know if you have that or not? if you have 3.42's do you have an LSD?

Comment

code is G80.... but best way, go out lay down a patch or rubber and see if you leave 1 or 2 strips.
                  -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

im taking all this in guys thanks.. any other interesting codes to look for.. suspension wise or anything.. and about the rear end.. do the brake lines bolt in? the suspension? torque arm? driveshaft?parking brake line?

Comment

look for rpo code ws6 if its real it will have ws6 rpo code.
                      <a href=\"http://www.fbodyelpaso.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyelpaso.org</a> A4 stock 3.42 and LSD not Y87,SLP cold air induction, whisper lid, k&n filter, flowmaster 80 series, hypertech, 160 powerstat thermostat, t/a front bumper, functional nostrils, pacesetter headers best et: 15.9 at about 4800ft

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X