A/C problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C problem

Ok my A/C went out a while back so lately (as its getting hotter) i want my A/C back. I go to kragen, buy the recharge hit thingy with the guage and try to fill it up. I stick a pen in the valve to let all the pressure out, and theres nothing but hot air. So after all of its out, i recharge it and still no cold air. The compressor works for sure and the pulley is going too so i dont know wuts wrong with it. Someone recently told me that my car takes freon instead of r-134a, so that might be my problem. If so, where do i get this freon stuff. I thought it was illegal or soemthing now. wuts up...
    93 3.4L red Firebird<br />CompCams cam, fully ported heads, High stall Tq Converter, Rebuilt tranny with shift kit, stage 2 jet chip, ported throttle body, 3.73 gears w/ posi, K&N FIPK intake, Flowmaster exhaust with cutout, pulleys, throttle body bypass

Get a mechanic (a buddy of my mom's did my old celica for $120 total, including the R-134a) to convert your R-12 car to R-134a. Much easier way. BTW, once you let it all out with that pen, you'll need like 4 cans to fill it all up.

Get need a service manual. Chilton's will do just fine.
    <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

i think your car is a R-134a, but look under the hood. anycase the conversion is only adapters. you can get a hole kit with oil charge, refegerant charge, adapters and all pretty cheep (normaly less then $50.00) and takes 15 min to do at most (and most of that time is locating the fill points) the kit should have very detailed instructions good luck

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
        New Owner!
        by LETZRIDE
        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
        3 days ago
      • ssms5411
        Little work today
        by ssms5411
        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
        2 weeks ago
      • LETZRIDE
        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X