Help Stuck in Birmingham, AL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Stuck in Birmingham, AL

My car is doing something i've only seen once before.

When I start it up, it shakes and runs extremely rough. It will drive, but it has no power and no acceleration. I can't really scan any codes because it's a 93 and the port you plug into is messed up.

I don't get a flashing SES light so i don't think it's a misfire.

I just changed the oil gear drive recently and had to remove the fuel rail and the intake manifold.

I think it's going to be related to one of these two.

If the fuel rail is not seated properly, will the engine still run, but run rough?
    1993 Camaro 3.4L A4 many mods comin for 2004<br /><br />\"The last thing I wanted was to get in a fight in Jackson, Mississippi on a Saturday night\"

on my old car, that happened... but it was my head gaskets.. but it was running rough... no power.... and the whole car shook real bad... especially when idling.

Comment

you shure it's not my bird, now w/a shaking problem?

icm might be fried, or coils. also check wires. the timing could be outa whack.

[ December 01, 2003: Message edited by: 3.4 slow to go ]</p>
      1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
      2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
      94 comero 3.4

Comment

sounds a bit like a vacuum leak into the intake manifold. either a missed vacuum connection, broken hose, or the manifold gaskets arent seated. this will cause a rough idle and loss of power.

Comment

Car is fixed......turned out to be a shorted ignition coil.

I drove all the way back to Jackson, MS with my car limping along.

I had to stop for gas because i had to run the car in 3rd the whole way to keep it from shaking. Then I noticed some coolant had leaked onto my ignition coils and was pooling in the ICM. So on a hunch I bought a new coil from autozone and swapped it in different slots until voila!! the second coil had a lot of fluid under it and had shorted out.

Thanks for the responses guys....hope this will help someone else someday.
          1993 Camaro 3.4L A4 many mods comin for 2004<br /><br />\"The last thing I wanted was to get in a fight in Jackson, Mississippi on a Saturday night\"

Comment

good thing the icmdidn't crapout as well!!!
            Nice to hear you made it back.

What was the source of teh coolant leak? ypass hose or the metal nubs they connect?
            2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

I think it's the throttle body lines...that's my weekend project.

Comment

Moral of story: it's always the ignition system with our cars.
                <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 3.4 slow to go:
                  good thing the icmdidn't crapout as well!!!
                  Nice to hear you made it back.

What was the source of teh coolant leak? ypass hose or the metal nubs they connect?
                  <hr></blockquote>

UPDATE: You jinxed me....my ICM went crazy last night, no doubt due to the coolant problem mentioned above...good thing it's under warranty, i'm going to get it swapped this afternoon.

UGHHHH......f-body ignitions can kiss my arse....i see MSD DIS-4 in my future

Comment

Ok I just replaced the ICM and it didn't fix it. I have a strong fuel smell coming out of the exhuast, so i'm pretty sure one or more cylinders are not firing properly. Any ideas, I just did ICM and Coils and Plug wires last week. I guess i'll have to check my plugs.

Comment

you're gonna blame all of that on me aren't you? [img]tongue.gif[/img] Were all the connectors & pins good when you replaced teh icm?
                      2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

94 comero 3.4

Comment

I was thinking about that, how do I test them?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X