Problems with jerking when accelerating - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with jerking when accelerating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with jerking when accelerating

I have just recently encountered a problem with jerking when I press the accelerator especially when around 50 mph and going up hills. The car runs fine except when any of the two conditions on top are met. I feels like there might be some gas obstruction but I have changed the fuel filter and the problem is still there. Has anyone encountered this problem before?

Re: Problems with jerking when accelerating

Yeah...I've had that problem too...

Oh wait... Your talking about cars! oops.
    Red 1998 Camaro<br />Mods so far=<br />K&N

Comment

too funny!!!...sounds like it might be fuel pump related.

Comment

Had the same problem a while ago ... bad coil pack.
        \'97 Firebird 3.8 ... 1/4 mile = 12.50 (minutes)

Comment

I had the same problem to and I changed my MAF and it went away.

Comment

Ma4life: When you replaced your coil pack what did your car do and how did you pin point the problem to the coil pack?

Comment

I had those issues....but also had a bad idle...burnt plug wire boot to cylinder 3 was my issue.
              30th Anniversary Camaro<br />White with platinum pearl w/metallic midnite blue racing stripes.<br />SLP CAI, Flowmaster exhaust, Taylor wires, NGK\'s, Streetglow Undercar neon (blue)<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1352101\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1352101</a>

Comment

I just fixed that problem on mine. I went through all the "cheap" things that might fix it....plugs, wires, etc. Turned out to be a clogged catalytic converter.
                2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Comment

Originally posted by memphis_raines
                  I just fixed that problem on mine. I went through all the "cheap" things that might fix it....plugs, wires, etc. Turned out to be a clogged catalytic converter.
                  Im working on a problem similar to this, and have narrowed it down to coils, injectors or the cat.

how did you find out that your cat was clogged?, mine is kinda rusty and rattles a tiny bit, if your cat is clogged does it give a code?

Comment

cat code yes
                    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by fgbird96
                      I have just recently encountered a problem with jerking when I press the accelerator especially when around 50 mph and going up hills. The car runs fine except when any of the two conditions on top are met. I feels like there might be some gas obstruction but I have changed the fuel filter and the problem is still there. Has anyone encountered this problem before?
                      just in case you havnt fixed it yet and what the other guys have posted doesnt fix it, I was having jerking problems when accelerating and it ended up being my throttle position sensor

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                        New Owner!
                        by LETZRIDE
                        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                        4 days ago
                      • ssms5411
                        Little work today
                        by ssms5411
                        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                        2 weeks ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X