Fuel injector swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel injector swap?

I read in the tech section that the 3.4 engines use17lbs. fuel injectors and that the 3800s use 22lbs fuel injectors. I was wondering if it is possible to simply replace the injectors on the 3.4s with the ones from a 3800? If so will this give any horsepower gains? I ask because I figure 22lb injectors will put out more fuel which in my opinion means more fuel to combust equaling extra HP.

Re: Fuel injector swap?

extra fuel is not always good (running rich is a waste of fuel)
    running a good AFR will put out more power than running rich!
    I doubt the injectors would work but I dont really know.

If you had more air entering the engine, then you'd want bigger injectors (if yours were maxed out)
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Re: Fuel injector swap?

i dont think they fit, but if they did it probably wouldn't give you any gains, not unless you have FI and you need the extra fuel so you dont lean out
      K&N air filter, Whisper air lid, magnaflow LT1 cat back, and magnaflow high flow cat, pacesetter headers, silverstars<br /><br />more to come soon<br />but for now im out of money

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X