any one heard of a chevy v6 thats like 4.5l - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any one heard of a chevy v6 thats like 4.5l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any one heard of a chevy v6 thats like 4.5l

i seen it somewhere but now i cant find it i think it was in like an s10 or somethin
    I pledge aliegence to the flag that sits on the front facia of my camaro and to the Mickey Thompsons that make it stand two tires under torque indivisable

4.3L v6 90 degree engine produces like 190hp and maybe 250tq i forget the tq #

[ March 11, 2002: Message edited by: zlightning ]</p>
    1995 Camaro 3.4 v6. Dead<br />1995 Trans Am FIPK.

Comment

Chevy makes a 4.3L V6 for the newer C1500 Silverados with 200Hp and 260 ft/lbs of torque...also a 4.8l V8 with 270Hp and 285ft lbs torque........
      never seen any V6 made by GM over 4.3L

Comment

thanx guys thats the one [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
        I pledge aliegence to the flag that sits on the front facia of my camaro and to the Mickey Thompsons that make it stand two tires under torque indivisable

Comment

They also has the 4.3L on some older S10's, like maybe 5 years ago?
          <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Would any of those engines fit in our cars? I'd imagine since their truck engines they would be to big.
            <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/maniacls1\" target=\"_blank\"><b>2001 Firehawk #155 of 504 -M6</b></a><br />437 RWHP / 404 RWTQ -Dynojet (heads/cam)<br />12.34 @114 mph 1.7 60\' (bolt-ons only)<br />12.47 @116 mph 2.0 60\' (street tires, heads/cam)

Comment

Yes, size wise, the engine would fit, the AC compressor is on the opposite side (Sorry, this is a '95 3.4 I'm comparing with). Anyhoo, the throttlebody is in the center of the engine and faces up, like a carb. So, you'd have to figure something out for that (possible clearance issue), and you'd have to do a dash cluster change, I'd imagine, so everything matches up. Otherwise, I thought of that, and we have an S10 at work [img]smile.gif[/img] Trust me, if it could work, I'd probably still be driving my '95, and the work truck would have "mysteriously" ended up with a 3.4 :D , j/k.
              Some of the models run 200hp/ 260ft/lbs of torque. That'd be nice, for a V6, that is :D .
              Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by V6Maniac:
                Would any of those engines fit in our cars? I'd imagine since their truck engines they would be to big.<hr></blockquote>

Yes.. It will fit in there... All a 262 is (4.3) is a 350 with 2 cylinders Actually cut off..

It is the SAME width as a Small Block, and it is about 5 inches shorter..

I have NO IDEA why The General didn't just put the 4.3 in the F-bodies instead of the 3.8...

It would have been SOOOOO damn much easier and cheaper.. Especially because the blocks are EXACTLY the same.. Like I said, minus 2 cylinders..

at times like THIS I wonder WHY I am a GM guy. :(
                2001 Cobalt Blue Hyundai Tiburon<br />Mods? Hehe.. Ofcourse.. ;)<br />15.810 @ 87.25 NEW TIME AGAIN!<br />TSR-0118 (www.TeamSR.org)<br />FORMER 1997 W68 Black Convertable Firebird Owner<br />14.723@95.65<p><br />V.P. of the 3:00 AM club.

Comment

Praise Choopi. We have a 4.3L believer in the house. I wonder the same thing.

As to answer the question of the throttle body in the wrong local... there was a "ZZ4.3" made with an intake manifold setup that exactly resembled the LT1 manifold. The setup infact added around 60HP to the engine.

One of these days when I'm an old coon with too much money I'll swap a 4.3 in a camaro [img]smile.gif[/img]
                  2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

or maybe the turbo 4.3 from the syclone...
                    ...insert homer simpson drool here....

the mid-90's 4.3 came with sequential fuel injection or central port injection (NOT TBI) and made around 200 hp with pretty decent torque. the problem is that all this power came really low in the powerband... the engine was truly designed to be a truck engine. a little tuning to bring the powerband up and it would be a good swap. the s-10's with these engines in them are pretty quick but a good 3800 fbod will eat them. except if both vehicles are loaded with several hundred pounds of firewood [img]smile.gif[/img]
                    ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                      Hello everyone!
                      by Andy H
                      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                      4 weeks ago
                    • 3.4 slow to go
                      hey there strangers!
                      by 3.4 slow to go
                      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X