Spark Plug Wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark Plug Wires

Before you flame me for not using the search feature i did do that, but my question is this
    from you guys' experience, what is the best spark plug/wire combination? im looking into some accell 9000s with some AC Delco platinums or maybe even some NGK platinums, whatever i can find
    but the biggest thing i need to find out is what can i get locally? i mean i know you can order taylor wires and such prefit to our cars over the 'net but what do you guys think autozone or advanced auto parts would carry? my car has developed a very bad idling problem, i can shake my radar detector off of my windshield after a few minutes, and im replacing my plugs, its not misfiring just idling rough...
    any input would be much appreciated
    thanks
    Jhonathan
    R.I.P \'99 Firebird, you will be missed<p>New toy - 2001 GSXR-750, Yoshimura Exhaust, Power Commander, Rebuilt Airbox

I have the AC Delco platinums on my car with a set of Custom Fit Accel wires 8mm.
    I havent had a problem with this combonation, and rather had fun installing it.

BTW: I noticed you have the MAC Lowering Springs.
    How do you like them?
    Do you have any pictures of your car?

[ May 04, 2002: Message edited by: triad ]</p>
    <a href=\"http://alternatebw.homestead.com/files/cam19.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">1996 Camaro 3800II Y87 A4</a> (SOLD)<p>NEW CAR:<br />2003 Ford Mustang

Comment

i like them quite a bit, ill try to get a pic up i havent snapped any since i lowered it, how hard was it to custom fit the accels? i plan on doing it soon to try and aleviate this rough idle, its kindof annoying, although it makes it sound like it has a performance cam and everyone things i have a "nice t/a"
      but let me try and find a camera and ill get u a pic of the car lowered
      R.I.P \'99 Firebird, you will be missed<p>New toy - 2001 GSXR-750, Yoshimura Exhaust, Power Commander, Rebuilt Airbox

Comment

jhonathan, if you go anywhere but to Advance to see me, you pay too much. I hook all my friends up regardless of what they buy. I'd say some *mm Accels, and either AC or NGK platinums man. My two cents, come in one day, and we'll figure it out.
        <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jhonathan:
          i like them quite a bit, ill try to get a pic up i havent snapped any since i lowered it, how hard was it to custom fit the accels? i plan on doing it soon to try and aleviate this rough idle, its kindof annoying, although it makes it sound like it has a performance cam and everyone things i have a "nice t/a"
          but let me try and find a camera and ill get u a pic of the car lowered
          <hr></blockquote>

Thanks! I'd really appreciate it!

Getting the plugs and wires installed took me about 4 hours - I bought a set of rhino ramps and pulled out my Haynes manual and gave it a go. I am not incredible mechanically inclined and I have big hands so it took me a while but it wasnt hard.
          <a href=\"http://alternatebw.homestead.com/files/cam19.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">1996 Camaro 3800II Y87 A4</a> (SOLD)<p>NEW CAR:<br />2003 Ford Mustang

Comment

Hey does msd make wires for 97's and below? I went to ramchargers and asked the guy to look up msd superconductors for my 97 and he could only find 98+. Whats the deal?

[ May 05, 2002: Message edited by: 97Pcam6 ]</p>
            Email: Preki1212@hotmail.com

Comment

msd makes universal wire sets to fit any car they are 8.5 mm and they work just as good as the ones that come on 98+
              Street Lethal Performance<br />2000 Black Firebird Y87<br />3.42\'s, Torsen Limited Slip, 160 powerstat,<br />Manual Fan Switch, Cutout exhaust, Whisper Ram Air CAI,<br />K&N filter, Zex spark plugs, MSD plug wires, MAF screen removed.<p>AIM: FIREBIRDRUMBLE00<br /><a href=\"http://www.streetlethalperformance.com/profiles/gazmentselman/gazmentselman.html\" target=\"_blank\">Street Lethal Performance Profile</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X