How often should i Change my oil if..... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often should i Change my oil if.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often should i Change my oil if.....

And yea i searched...

80% of my driving is highway driving how often should i change my oil? I know the 3k miles doesnt apply BC that would be all city miles.

I'm assuming your using regular and not synthetic...
    I definatley would not do over 5k...but you could just check to oil and see what it looks like if that makes you feel better.
    Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

is it okay to wait until the "change oil" light comes on?
      2002 A4 Pewter Firebird.<br />Aluminum interior, custom aluminum whisper lid, custom ram air, Flowmaster cat bacl, high flow cat, pacesetter headers<br />15.018 on a ****ty track<br />15.65 stock on same ****ty track<br />15.33 stock on good track<br />= 14\'s on good track

Comment

Originally posted by 2k2A4bird:
        is it okay to wait until the "change oil" light comes on?
        hell no. Thats death in a hand basket.

Unless your running synthetic, I would stick to every 3k or 3.5k. Besides if your driving that much you should be changing it yourself, b/c your saving your self a ton of $ if you do.
        Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
        "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
        http://seppo.hopto.org/

Comment

I run synthetic and i still change my oil every 3000miles or 3months.....the better you treat the car the better it will treat meaning engine life...wether highway miles or city, miles are miles and your engines still usin that oil either way you look at it i mean really the only thing highway is helpin is preventin carb build up, and not makin your engine work as hard with stop and go driving..i mean dont get me wrong highway gives you a more lee-way with oil changin but why risk engine damage--this is just my opinion
          94 Pontiac Firebird-V6<br />-NxWetKit,RamAir,MSD Dis4, Coils,&Wires,DynomaxExhuast w/testpipe,NittoDR\'s&DunlopSPort5000s,17\"CrEagleAl loys,TransgoShifKit/VetteServo<br />91 Jeep Wrangler-5.7 Chevy350<br />-6\"ProComp SuspensionLift,M/T BajaClaws35x12.5,& more goodies

Comment

yea, im the same way as V6Firebird94. I drive mostly highway also, and use synthetic, but still change it every 3,000 miles.

treat your engine good, it treats you good back. how much is an oil change with fliter, $20-25? Not too bad for every 3K miles....

Comment

all of the above comments make sence. I was just wondering BC i read somewhere the reccomended was 3K city and 7K highway.

Comment

I use synthetic and change it every 5K.
                If I was using regular I would do it every 3K on the dot.
                Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

I use full synthetic and I still change my oil every 3k-3.5k miles. I don't want to take any chances.
                  <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/maniacls1\" target=\"_blank\"><b>2001 Firehawk #155 of 504 -M6</b></a><br />437 RWHP / 404 RWTQ -Dynojet (heads/cam)<br />12.34 @114 mph 1.7 60\' (bolt-ons only)<br />12.47 @116 mph 2.0 60\' (street tires, heads/cam)

Comment

Mobil 1 full synthetic with premium oil filter every 4-5 thousand miles.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X