sluggish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sluggish

what up everbody. my 99 firebird is feeling really sluggish through out all the gear ranges. i got a fuel system cleaning done at a jiffy lube then i noticed a change in power and acceleration for the bad.just bout the same time the ignition module had to be changed. still the same, so i took it to the dealership they upgraded the computer, still the same result. why is my car acting like this ? can anybody help me. ive put in around 800 dollars and its still doing the same thing:mad: :mad:

Re: sluggish

fuel filter?

aslo i'm going to move this to gen tech you should get more replies there there till we can narrow it down
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

we'll need more info on the car. how many miles? have you changed spark plugs and wires yet? fuel filter changed recently? etc...

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

107mi, yeah changed filter, plugs wires bout 1 year ago. had 2 new coi pack put on. never had a transmisson flush, due for a oil change. thank for your help

Comment

jiffy lube....thats the problem. Anyhow, is your car's check engine light on, or has it been recently in the past since this problem started to occur? Do you have an automatic or a manual? The symptoms are of a faulty/failing MAF sensor too, maybe take that out and visually check it, and clean it off carefully. Other than that, i really dont know what to tell you. You have already looked at and corrected many of the probable trouble areas. Im honestly surprised the dealership couldn't do more for you. I dont know what their capabilities are, but im assuming they could hook it up to a computer and give you a thorough read out of whats going on in the whole system. Good luck.
          Black 1996 3.8 Firebird T5, SLP CAI, Pacesetter Ceramic Headers,160* t-stat, PCMforLess Tune, Flowmaster American Thunder catback, Car Sounds Cat, custom s-pipe, MSD coils and wires, NGK plugs, 3.42 posi rear, B&M Ripper, 245/50 BFG-G-force's

Comment

This fuel system cleaning.... I wonder what all it does. Do they pour stuff in the tank so the cleaning starts from there? If it dislodged a bunch of junk, maybe the filter is clogged again, maybe the injectors are clogged. Maybe that little screen on the fuel pump is clogged. Have you checked the fuel pressure? Not sure offhand what the correct ranges are, but you can search for that, it's been posted many times.
            2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

your cat might have gone. i know my car didn't want to move when her cat went
              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

It may be a bit obvious and a "no $hit Sherlock" post for me to say this, but check your air filter as well, better yet, replace it with K&N.

Comment

take it back to the dealership. you came in with the complaint of sluggishness and they didnt fix it properly. thats called a comeback and is something that is taken seriously at most dealerships. It should no longer cost you any money unless they are crooks and do not stand by their service.
                  Last edited by BLLDOGG; 06-01-2006, 10:24 PM.
                  2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

With that kind of mileage I would say check the cat as well. Even if that's not it, it wouldn't be a bad idea to go ahead and replace it. I just replaced mine when the car got "sluggish" under acceleration, and it's running as good as ever.
                    2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                      New Owner!
                      by LETZRIDE
                      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                      2 days ago
                    • ssms5411
                      Little work today
                      by ssms5411
                      Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                      by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                      Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                      By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                      Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                      02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X