keyless entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keyless entry

k broke the keyless entry and need a new one. thing is dont know where to find one.help. also how do i tune it so it works with my locks? plzz help im very lazy i cant continue to use the key!!!!
    2001 camaro a4 SOM vert <br />3800 series II <br />flowmasters american thunder <br />3.42 gears<br /><br />its not fast but i drive it like a natural beast

Re: keyless entry

I had one go out on me and I bought one for cheap off of ebay.

I forgot how the programming went, it was something like turn your key on and off like 3 times but don't start it up, then the locks and lights turned on and off, which signaled programming mode or something. I will get back to you on the instructions, unless someone else jumps in here in the meantime and answers it.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

It says how to reprogram it in the owners manual....

You have to take out the radio fuse, and put the key in the ignition and turn it 3 times in 5 seconds. And than hold unlock and lock for like 10 seconds, and you locks should work.....

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

Comment

this is for the stock remote?

because i just recently had my bcm replaced, and since i got it replaced my remote hasnt worked and i was wondering how to fix it
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/808840\" target=\"_blank\">My 1996 V6 T-Top Camaro</a>

Comment

1- Pull the radio fuse out
          2- Put the key in the ignition, sit inside of the car with the doors closed and turn the ignition on/off three times without starting the car.
          3- The third time turning the key, leave it in the ON position in the ignition (without starting), and you will hear the interior beep confirming.
          4- Then hold the Unlock and Lock buttons on the remote for approximately 10-15 seconds. You'll hear the locks engage confirming the new program.
          5- Replace the Radio fuse, and your done.

The radio fuse needs to come out so that there is no power to keep memory in the ignition (you know how our car's have the 10 minute delay once the key is turned off?). There is NO memory loss in the radio station programming, it just disengages the 10 minute ignition delay.

Comment

There it is ^^^^ thats how you do it.

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

Comment

where is the radio fuse.

thnx soo much for the help i really needed it lol. everytime i have to open the door with the key my friends try to open they're door and it ALWAYS sets off the alarm lol. thnx alot
              2001 camaro a4 SOM vert <br />3800 series II <br />flowmasters american thunder <br />3.42 gears<br /><br />its not fast but i drive it like a natural beast

Comment

in the fuse panel on the drivers side of the dash

Comment

My keyfob works, but seems to be very weak.. sometimes I have to press the button, and wave it around the car, and it has to be up close.

Is the battery just low, and can I replace it?

Comment

replace the battery unless you messed the buttons up and they aren't making contact anymore

Comment

If the buttons are messed up they are very easy to take apart and put back together. Sometimes if it gets dropped, it can loosen the connection to the battery, so it just needs a little bending to get it back into place.

Comment

thanks! it worked perfectly, i was tired of not being able to lazy, heh
                        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/808840\" target=\"_blank\">My 1996 V6 T-Top Camaro</a>

Comment

no i mean like which fuse??

Comment

look in your manual or on the fuse box cover for fuse diagram. That will show ya which one is the radio fuse

Comment

bottom right hand side when looking at it, i think its yellow if i remember right, i'm pretty sure it is the bottom right

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                5 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X