Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this part removable??

camaro

ok I got the same camaro as above pic,it was hit in the door which needs to be replaced.now thw part that is above the back wheel and where the fuel fill plug is.mine got dented from the accident and I was wondering can in be removed?

It can be removed, but it'll need to be cut off and another one must be welded in it's place. It's your rear quarterpanel. Better off trying to fix the dents that are on your current one first.
    It can get kinda pricey to cut and weld a new quarterpanel on, then it has to be painted.

-Marc
    sigpic

Comment

just have it bondoe'd flat. welding and cutting it will cost a **** load more and is not worth the time.
      91 Eagle Talon Awd Turbo 5 speed FOR SALE 6000$<br />Looking for a Fiero GT<br /><a href=\"http://www.swdsm.net\" target=\"_blank\">www.swdsm.net</a>

Comment

Originally posted by lord_gufi:
        just have it bondoe'd flat. welding and cutting it will cost a **** load more and is not worth the time.
        that's what i was thinkin it prob gonna have to be bondoe'd between the B pillar and rear fender cause it usually goes all together, but it can be done w/out little or no welding at all.
        ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

Comment

I dented that quarterpanel right at the tailight about 4 years ago. I drilled three large holes, bondo, and sanded my tail off over and over again. It took about 6 applications of bondo, 1000 grit to start, 1500 grit (wet) for smoothing out, and 2000 grit (wet) sandpaper to finish. Can't even tell that the ding was there anymore.
          So yes, it can be done w/o welding. Just be careful when applying the bondo in tight corner area's.

-Marc
          sigpic

Comment

my camaro got hit on the same side in september i think mine was alot worse tho then yours sounds. my door was in basicly in half and the whole front of the quater waste pushed up under the car. insurance fixed it for about 9 grand i suprised they didn't total it.
            1998 Navy Blue A4 Camaro (Sold)<br />MODS: Performance<br />Whisper airlid,K&N Filter, TSP Rumbler & Carsond cat.<br />Apperance:Xenon Airdam and clearcorners. <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/wilkcamaro98\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/wilkcamaro98</a><br />2002 Dodge Ram Sport Silver 4.7 v8 stock.

Comment

here is the pic I took today

[img]redface.gif[/img] wrecked camaro

Comment

Dude I think your gonna need a new door PERIOD! [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img]
                ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

Comment

Originally posted by pontiac nino:
                  of course :D

Comment

Ouch, new door, or a whole lot of bondo... I don't think the bondo is gonna work.
                    1995 3.4L A4 Firebird White w/T-Tops *SOLD*<br />**NEW CAR**<br />2004 White Cavalier Coupe<br />2.2l ECOtec 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by dcrow23:
                      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by pontiac nino:
                      of course :D </font>[/QUOTE]It's nothing a little polish and some elbow grease can't fix. :D ... [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img]
                      <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/maniacls1\" target=\"_blank\"><b>2001 Firehawk #155 of 504 -M6</b></a><br />437 RWHP / 404 RWTQ -Dynojet (heads/cam)<br />12.34 @114 mph 1.7 60\' (bolt-ons only)<br />12.47 @116 mph 2.0 60\' (street tires, heads/cam)

Comment

Zaino.
                        2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

Dude that sucks. I almost cried when I saw the pic.
                          2001 Convertible Camaro<br />Mods:Jet PCM, Flowmaster Catback, SLP RAI, Whisper Lid, K&N Air and Oil Filter, Jet Low Temp Thermostat

Comment

you would need like 400000000000000000000 layers of zaino to fix that
                            www.turbov6camaro.com
                            1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                            4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                            7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                            11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X