DIS4 installed Car Not Runnin Right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIS4 installed Car Not Runnin Right

heres my question after like 8months of havin it i hooked it up the car fires up but it sounds like it may be missin or somethin cuz the car has a consistent bluh bluh bluh like its cam'd and i dont know if its the plugs, timing or what else it could be any ideas? The car has been parked for the winter i did start it up and all that good stuff, but it does blow a lil carb out and what seems to be a lil water(which i kno gms do) but i dont think its all carbed up cuz i blew it all out

[ March 06, 2004, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: V6Firebird94 ]
    94 Pontiac Firebird-V6<br />-NxWetKit,RamAir,MSD Dis4, Coils,&Wires,DynomaxExhuast w/testpipe,NittoDR\'s&DunlopSPort5000s,17\"CrEagleAl loys,TransgoShifKit/VetteServo<br />91 Jeep Wrangler-5.7 Chevy350<br />-6\"ProComp SuspensionLift,M/T BajaClaws35x12.5,& more goodies

I'm guessing your name is about your car so make sure you have the right wiring for the 3.4L. If you got the diagram off this site, it's wrong... I went through that already.
    Just call MSD and spend 5 minutes on the phone with them, they'll give you the correct wiring and it should work perfect. Thats what happened to me at least..
    <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

i didnt use the guide off this site i did it by the manual the car starts so im assuming it has to be right cuz if it wasnt they said it wouldnt start but im not postive how accurate that statement is by MSD
      94 Pontiac Firebird-V6<br />-NxWetKit,RamAir,MSD Dis4, Coils,&Wires,DynomaxExhuast w/testpipe,NittoDR\'s&DunlopSPort5000s,17\"CrEagleAl loys,TransgoShifKit/VetteServo<br />91 Jeep Wrangler-5.7 Chevy350<br />-6\"ProComp SuspensionLift,M/T BajaClaws35x12.5,& more goodies

Comment

alright now the car dont even just sputter any more it stalls out..oh ya and it does all this with the bypass plug in so its not the box doin it what exactly was your diagram Batmobile i used Coil

Heavy Red(power lead)-to power junction
        Heavy Black(powerlead)-grounded

Red1-hooked up to channel 1 and 2 12volt source wire
        Red2-hooked up to channel 3 12volt source

Brown/orange- (+)Coil wire (channel1)&(channel2)
        Brown/white- (-)Coil wire (channel1)
        Brown/green- (-)Coil wire (channel2)
        Brown/yellow- (-)Coil wire (channel3)
        the 2nd Brown/orange- (+)Coil wire (chanel3)
        Brown/violet- taped off

White- hooked up to trigger source of channel 1
        Green- hooked up to trigger source of channel 2
        Yellow-hooked up to trigger source of channel 3
        Violet-grounded

Brown-taped off
        Blue-taped off

Comment

The instructions that came with it didn't help me... I Had to call MSD to get the right wiring... I can't remember it off the top of my head.
          <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X