ses light and bad idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ses light and bad idle

I just noticed that my car had an ses light on. I checked all the fluids and restarted it. Now it idles like it has a huge cam in it or like it's about to stall. Any opinions welcome.
    2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Take it to the dealer. You're still under warranty right??
    <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Yeah, but I don't want to unless it is the last resort since it'll take them a week to get it taken care of. could it be a misfireing cylinder, bad spark plug, ect?
      2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Comment

I had the same problem. Got it scanned at autozone and 2 codes(303 and 203 I think) popped up. Cylinder misfire and injector something in the number 6 cylinder. I took it to the dealer and found out it was just a fuel injector wire that came loose some how.
        <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Yeah, it definately sounds like a misfire to me. Does the SES light flash? If it does, that's almost always a misfire. Even if it doesn't flash though, it still could be. Either take it to the dealer or get it scanned. If it is in fact a misfire, the code will specify the cylinder. Unless of course you get a P0300... which is a random/multiple cylinder misfire. If that's the case, take it straight to the dealer for warranty work.
          -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

put the damn MAF screen back in and reset computer and see if it helps...if not dealership will figure it out

Comment

Its gotta be the EGR Valve, go get a system scan and see if that is the case...if it is, you can save yourself some money by trying to hit the EGR with a hammer, because it sometimes gets stuck....it worked for me and i never had to replace it.

good luck

Perry v.
              Perry V.<br />\'97 Chameleon Bird w/ too many toys to list.<br /><a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/umvagia0\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.goecities.com/umvagia0</a>

Comment

warranty = free diagnosis. take advantage of this while you can, instead of tracing everyone's hunches. an experienced technician with the tech2 can diagnose most engine control problems in less than 1/2 hour. usually it takes only about 10 minutes.
                ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by strange_trp:
                  warranty = free diagnosis.<hr></blockquote>

Agreed. You can't lose anything but time by taking it to the dealer when it's under waranty. Do make sure to put that maf screen back in though. With it out, they will probably point to that as the problem so they can charge you.
                  -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X