I’ need help, Mechanics more then welcome - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I’ need help, Mechanics more then welcome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’ need help, Mechanics more then welcome

First I don’t have any upgrades to the car the only think I have is a cutback exhaust,

I know that the best way to launch is to hold down the brake and the accelerator and then let go the brake and press accelerator all the way.

When I try this I cant get more then 250 rpm’s and after that the car is still slow to go,

When I just punch the accelerator when standing still it is slow to go until it hits like 400 rpm’s

The best launch I can get when press the accelerator ½ way
    (it’s a 1999 firebird convertible automatic)

Re: I’ need help, Mechanics more then welcome

i rev mine up as high as I can get it (2300 rpms)
    you cant get yours to stall any high?
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

no i have treid twice

Comment

i assume you mean 2500 and 4000 RPM

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
          hes not talking about thousands, hes talking about hundreds, he meant what he said

how is his engine not stalling at 250 RPM

Comment

Wow, if that is right...I'm impressed. I think the slowest my engine has ever turned over was about 350, and when that happened I thought my engine was gonna split in half.

If you actually meant 2.5k and 4k, the numbers sound normal for launching.

BTW, what kind of advice are you looking for? How to launch better? Do you have engine problems? etc.
            UAH FSAE<br />Chief Engineer<br /> <a href=\"http://chargermotorsports.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://chargermotorsports.com</a> <br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/camaronat\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/camaronat</a>

Comment

Sorry people for the confusion I was thinking that the rpm X 100 not a 1000 so it was 2500 the question I had was that when I tried before I couldn’t rev the engine higher that 2500 for the launch, today I triad again and I was able to take it op to 3000 and it was a little bather.

The problem I have is that my car is slow of the lane until (after the launch) gets to like 4000 rpm, mine father has the same car and his when I hit the accelerator burns rubber every time ( feast from start) today I had the car at 3000 and then I burn them up a little, I have c5 rimes their are a loot lighter that his(stack) is this have any thing to do with not able to burn them up ?

Comment

Originally posted by chicagosbird
                Sorry people for the confusion I was thinking that the rpm X 100 not a 1000 so it was 2500 the question I had was that when I tried before I couldn’t rev the engine higher that 2500 for the launch, today I triad again and I was able to take it op to 3000 and it was a little bather.

The problem I have is that my car is slow of the lane until (after the launch) gets to like 4000 rpm, mine father has the same car and his when I hit the accelerator burns rubber every time ( feast from start) today I had the car at 3000 and then I burn them up a little, I have c5 rimes their are a loot lighter that his(stack) is this have any thing to do with not able to burn them up ?
                it could be the tires, there is alot of things that can affect it

Comment

Originally posted by victimizati0n
                  it could be the tires, there is alot of things that can affect it

First thank you for trying to help me,

It happen again I’m so rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Ok so I hold down the brake and try to accelerate I hold down the accelerator all the way down and the car only go to 2500 rpm’s and no more why ????? cant I rev higher ?

Comment

First thank you for trying to help me,

It happen again I’m so rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Ok so I hold down the brake and try to accelerate I hold down the accelerator all the way down and the car only go to 2500 rpm’s and no more why ????? cant I rev higher ?
                    because your torque converter is not letting you.

in order to rev it up more, you will need a higher stall converter

Comment

Originally posted by victimizati0n
                      because your torque converter is not letting you.

in order to rev it up more, you will need a higher stall converter

ARE U SURE IS THIS NORMAL AND WHAT KIND SHULD I GET ???

Comment

you probably want to research it
                        2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

ARE U SURE IS THIS NORMAL AND WHAT KIND SHULD I GET ???

yes, it is perfectly normal.

it depends on what your stock one is, and what you are doing with you car.

Comment

thak's to all of you

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X