ok, i'm gonna look like a dummy but here goes... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ok, i'm gonna look like a dummy but here goes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok, i'm gonna look like a dummy but here goes...

ok, I've only driven automatics since i could drive and now i'm rollin in a beater manual truck. i got the whole shifting thing down, but being as i never really thought about this b4 now, i figured i'd ask: how do you know when its time for a new clutch? how can you tell if the thing is slipping? the only way i know the clutch is slipping is cuz my foot is on the pedal...
    i apologize for how stupid this sounds but i've, again, only driven autos till now.
    2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Re: ok, i'm gonna look like a dummy but here goes...

well, I remember a friend with a really bad case is when he would let the clutch out as the car was idling, it wouldnt move, if he gave er' the juice...about 4k she would move....try reving it up and popping the clutch...2 things should happen, either the wheels will spin....or the engine will bog and stall, if the wheels dont spin, and the engine doesnt bog, your clutch is fubar.

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Try putting the car in high gear at a low speed and floor it. If it revs up you are probably slipping, a normal clutch will bog
      2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

also, while driving, if you engine revs then goes back to normal, it was probably your clutch slipping
        Last edited by BLLDOGG; 04-11-2006, 11:08 PM.
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          3 days ago
        • ssms5411
          Little work today
          by ssms5411
          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
          2 weeks ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X