First thread - Missfiring/ignition problem.... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First thread - Missfiring/ignition problem....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First thread - Missfiring/ignition problem....

Hope to get some help here, my V6 Camaro ('99) missfires. I just changed the plugs and wires as well as the coil packs last weekend. Three of the six wires were burnt, that's what I thought the problem was and I was sure the new wires would fix the problem.... well.... wrong.....
    It was fine yesterday but today it started misfiring again :(
    After I changed the wires/plugs/coils it did not missfire for about 25 miles, then it started again (1 hr ago) - the SES light flashes when it missfires and then it stays on.
    TIA

Update:
    The wires are not burnt. Last night I had the SES code checked and it was "multiple cylinder misfiring" ... the guy at the parts store suggessted to replace the ignition module (the coils, wires and plugs are all new). Well.. I installed the new module last night and now it seems to be running fine. Let's see for how long ....
    Last edited by ploppel; 04-12-2006, 06:47 AM.

Re: First thread - Missfiring/ignition problem....

sounds like your wires got to close the the header again . bet they are burnt
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Originally posted by viper04af
      sounds like your wires got to close the the header again . bet they are burnt
      I will inspect the $%^& again tonight..... I was so happy i got it done, changing plugs/wires is a PIA job on these cars.

Would a heat resistant sleeve help ? GM put this plastic stuff around the wires (yes, I re-installed it) but it covers only sections of the wires...

How do you keep the wires away from the stock cast iron manifolds ? Maybe I should get some headers to improve access to the plugs :D

Comment

Originally posted by ploppel
        I will inspect the $%^& again tonight..... I was so happy i got it done, changing plugs/wires is a PIA job on these cars.

Would a heat resistant sleeve help ? GM put this plastic stuff around the wires (yes, I re-installed it) but it covers only sections of the wires...

How do you keep the wires away from the stock cast iron manifolds ? Maybe I should get some headers to improve access to the plugs :D
        headers are pimp...... www.ftpp.net sell stuff to protech your wires better
        www.turbov6camaro.com
        1997 3800 Series II Camaro
        4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
        7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
        11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Originally posted by viper04af
          headers are pimp...... www.ftpp.net sell stuff to protech your wires better

Thanks :tup: just looked at their website and found some really interessting wrapping material. I'll look at the wires tonight and order whatever is needed (probably wires AND wrappers)....

Comment

I updated the first post :banana:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X