really bad/rough running 3.4 until it heats up - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

really bad/rough running 3.4 until it heats up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• really bad/rough running 3.4 until it heats up

hey guys,
    my buddie has a 1994 camaro auto 3.4
    out of the blue, ever since about 3 weeks ago, when ever you start it after it's sat and the engines cooled way off on these really cold nights here in ohio, it runs really rough...without any power. then as soon as the car heats up (after about 5 mins of drive time) it goes from running like a car with a broken spark plug, to running like a champ. It's not giving a check engine light or anything, and all the gauges look good. for the heck of it, i took apart the airbox, cleaned the filter, and cleaned the throttle plate. (it was a little bit dirty)...but it's still doing it. :mad: do you guys have any suggestions??

[ March 03, 2004, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: clean2000birdv6 ]
    mods:<br />-under hood ram air hood mod.<br />-cat back Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust system (exact kit designed for our cars)<br />-Sylvania Silverstar Headlamp conversion (home job...but came out awesome)<br />-interior under dash neons

if it were a third gen, I'd have the icm tested, as they can run like crap cold, & better when heated up & vice~versa.
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X