loud WHISTLE help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loud WHISTLE help

my car is making a loud whistling noise and idk wat the hell it is sounds like a bearing idk it seems like its coming from the alternator have no clue help me outt...also every time i hit a bump i hear like a clicking noise in the rear of the car its F***in annoying...one more thing should i get the loudmouth exhaust or is it gunna sound raspy and horrible its a stock car ..98

Re: loud WHISTLE help

yes, the exhaust is going to sound very raspy.

i hear a banding noise when i hit a bump, it sounds to be behind the tranny or osmething.

Comment

what exhaust should i get that wont sound raspy??? but i want loudd!

Comment

i dont know what i have, but it sounds really niice, i've been told its a flowmaster, i'll go try to take a pic

Comment

here is my exhaust http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2307283/3 i really couldnt tell you what it was, it isnt too loud, but it has a really really nice throaty growl to it. maybe somebody else could tell you what it is

Comment

Is it a whistle, or a whine? If its a whine and it sounds like its coming from your alternator, you'll most likely be replacing it sometime in the near future.
            Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Looks like a FLOWMASTER.
              <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/gmrulz2000\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/gmrulz2000</a> <br />My 2000 V6 5 spd.K&N,Air silencer mod,TSP Rumbler, Magnaflow cat, 160stat.,H.P.P.III.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuelman
                Looks like a FLOWMASTER.
                thats what i've been told, whatever it is i am pleased with it :)

Comment

its a pretty loud whistle.... but it comes and goess...do u think its a bad idea that i broke the plastic under the air filter to get some more airflow ...and can anyone help me with loudmouth or the tsp rumbler i need to know about how it will sound i want to have a nice throaty loud sound but not too much rasp wich would sound better???

Comment

i hollowed out the bottom of my airbox. I dont have an A/C condenser so lots of air flows freely, plus I have a ram air hood
                    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Check your serpentine belt. I had a weird sound similar to that and after my belt was replaced all was quiet.
                      1999 Camaro V6 3.8L A4<br />Red, T-tops, Monsoon<br />No mods.......yet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X