Blower motor for AC (AC blower making wierd noise) - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blower motor for AC (AC blower making wierd noise)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blower motor for AC (AC blower making wierd noise)

SO where is the blower motor located on 4th gens, more specifically a 2k?

I did one on a 3rd gen, I knwo where its located, but the computer is in the same spot on 4th gens. Is it still in the same spot just behind the PCM or under the dash in the cabin? Just curious where it is and best way to get to it.

My issues are my blower fan makes a rattling or something noise that changes with speed of the motor. Possible just something stupid caught up in it, but just wanted to check it out because its annoying me.
    -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Re: Blower motor for AC (AC blower making wierd noise)

I spent more than $200.00 for someone to do the job. This technician explained me a couple of things and I have read about that issue at hanes manual. I'll tell you in detail tonight, cause I'm rushing now.
    Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Comment

Issue? I assume its either somethign in my ducts or the blower itself. Motor wouldn't be more then $50, hell possibly just $25 if its like my 3rd gen which is very likely.
      -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Blower Motor and Fan Replacement
        Removal Procedure

Remove the key from the ignition switch in order to ensure that the ignition switch will remain OFF.
        Remove the right instrument panel insulator. Refer to Closeout/Insulator Panel Replacement - Right in Instrument Panel, Gauges and Console.
        Disconnect the blower motor electrical connector.
        Remove the blower motor bolts (2).
        Remove the blower motor (3).
        Inspect the blower motor terminals for corrosion. Perform the following tasks as necessary:
        - Clean the corrosion from the terminals.

- Replace the blower motor.

Inspect the flange of the blower motor for any damage or distortion which could cause an air leak. Repair the flange of the blower motor as necessary.
        Inspect the blower motor fan for damage and distortion. Perform the following tasks as necessary:
        - Repair the blower motor fan.

- Replace the blower motor fan.

Installation Procedure

Install the blower motor (3) using the following steps:
        Guide the blower motor (3) into position. Do not catch the blower motor fan on the protruding parts.
        Install the blower motor bolts (2).

Tighten
        Tighten the blower motor bolts (2) to 2.3 N·m (20 lb in).

Connect the blower motor electrical connector.
        Install the right instrument panel insulator. Refer to Closeout/Insulator Panel Replacement - Right in Instrument Panel, Gauges and Console.
        Check the blower for proper operation.

the blower motor is Under the lower right side of the IP, mounted in the HVAC module
        . that was replacement instructions. two things though, when it is making its noise, feel the case around the blower motor and feel for a vibration. if you have one, it might have a runout problem or something. other than that, i think you might just have some foreign object in there
        Last edited by BLLDOGG; 04-06-2006, 12:24 PM.
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Sweet so under the dash on the passenger side? Seems alot easier then on my 3rd gen it was mounted in the firewall half in the engine compartment, was a ***** to get to the bolts, I had to buy a ratcheting open wrench just for that.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X